Fourteen

"Did you get all dressed up to come see me detective?" Amelia said whilst leaning against her door frame.

"No, I came straight from university" Lou said.

"And I need your help. Put some shoes on as you're coming with me."

"Are we of on a mission?" She said staggering back to slip on some old converse trainers.

"Where are we going?"

"To a house where two potential Ryan killer suspects grew up" Lou said.

"One of them has just got of prison for committing an assault with ABH."

"You're my back up as we are going to speak to a potentially violent person of interest."

"Back up?" She said whilst catching up to walk alongside her.

"You know" Lou said.

"So there's someone there to hear my screams of help if needed."

"Wait, Lou" she closed her fingers around her arm and pulled them both to a stop.

"I don't want you doing something that's actually dangerous. Luke wouldn't have wanted that either."

"Oh, come on" she shrugged her off.

"Nothing gets in between me and my assignment not even a little danger. And I'm going to very calmly ask her a few questions."

"Oh, its a her?" Amelia said.

"Okay then."

Lou then swung her backpack to whack her on the arm.

"Don't think I didn't notice that" she said.

"Women can be just as dangerous as men."

"Ouch, tell me about it" she said rubbing her arm.

"What do you have in there bricks?"

When Amelia stopped laughing at Lou she clicked her seatbelt into place and Lou keyed the address into her phone and she then started the car and told Amelia everything. Everything except the dark figure in the forest and the note in her sleeping bag as this investigation meant everything to her.

"Ryan sounded like a piece of work" she said when Lou was done.

"Yet it was so easy for everyone to believe Luke was the monster. Wow that was deep."

He turned to her.

"You can quote me on that in your assignment if you want."

"Certainly."

"such an intresting superpower, you should call up avengers."

Lou's phone interrupted telling them that in 200 yards they would reach their destination.

"Must be this one" Lou said.

"Robyn told me it was the one with a bright red door."

She indicated and pulled up onto the kerb.

"I rang Anna twice yesterday. The first time she hung up after I said 'university assignment'. The second time she wouldn't pick up at all. Let's hope she'll actually answer the door. you coming?"

"I'm not sure" Amelia said pointing at her own face.

"There's that whole murderer's sister thing. You might get more answers if I am not there."