Thirty-Seven: Come Back

Aria slowly opened her eyes, white walls greeting her.

Her whole body was numb as if it wasn't a part of her. But still there was an ache present inside her bones making her unable to move. Her head throbbed to an extreme level.

There are various tubes attached to her which are connected to a machine beside her.

Her eyes hurt to move due to extreme brightness in the room. She squinted her eyes and looked around the empty room. The oxygen mask attached to her made her unable to speak. Her throat was parched with her dry lips.

She looked around for help but her headache made everything dizzy.

She was losing her sight.

She gasped trying to move which seemed more difficult than anything.

The last thing she heard before sleeping was the faint noise of people coming inside.

------------

Nathaniel stared down at his bandaid hands, thinking about everything.

He woke up a few hours ago, the doctor said he was unconscious for the whole three days but for him it feels like he slept for decades.

Aria was still unconscious, lying in the room which is beside him.

He wanted to see her. Talk to her but the doctors are not letting him go.

They said he was lucky to not have any major injuries. His injuries caused a lot of blood loss and an injured leg which might take days to recover.

His head throbbing with pain, he wet his dry lips as he looked out of the window.

The bright sun shone all over the city, it was the type of weather which makes you want to go out and enjoy yourself.

Aria loves this type of weather.

It's been days since the city had any clear weather. Every day felt dark and gloomy, as if mourning for someone's loss.

But today's weather felt like a new air of freedom after many days of struggle.

Nathaniel exhaled tiredly. His headache increased just thinking about what happened just a while ago.

Officer Alvarez told him everything.

It took a lot of time to consume the information they gave him.

William....who is said to work in the church as a priest, wasn't actually the one.

Alvarez told him that William was a criminal who spent half of his life in prison for his vile crimes, but after coming out from the jail he then vanished away like he never existed.

He came to Long Island three years ago for a new start.

No one knew anything about him. A stranger to everyone.

But then the church welcomed him as the new priest.

Which made everyone like him.

But then he saw Aria, something stirred inside him looking at her. They say a criminal is a criminal no matter how much he runs from his past he still stays a criminal if he never learns from his mistakes.

He started following her making sure she never noticed. Her innocence made him crazy, he wanted to destroy that innocent with his hands and enjoy her breaking into pieces.

Everything was going the way he planned but everything changed when he got to know she started dating.

He grew mad. It raged him to see the innocence he wanted to take was taken by someone else.