Forty: Leave?

"Why didn't you tell me?" Aria asked Laura.

"I didn't find the right time to talk to you about him." Laura replied.

Aria clenched her jaw in anger, "You could've if you wanted to..."

For the last three weeks Nathaniel always came to meet her. After she woke up, he asked Laura but she told him to wait and since then he's just waiting.

Laura looked at her hurt, her words fumbled looking at Aria's angry face.

Aria never talked to her like that. Rudely

Laura sighs, "He's outside. If you want I will call him inside."

Aria immediately nodded her head. Her heart was dying to see him.

--------------

Nathaniel looked down at his shoes. His worn out black shoes which have started to tear from the sides.

He exhaled loudly, he had no money to buy a new one.

The garage he used to work at, the owner, has removed him from his job due to not coming to work for two weeks. He didn't listen to any explanations Nathaniel tried to give.

It's been two weeks since he was jobless.

He is searching for a new one but still the result is zero.

"Nathaniel." Nathaniel looked up and saw Laura calling him.

He immediately stood up as Laura came to him.

"She wants to see you." She mumbled. Her voice held sadness but Nathaniel paid no heed to it.

All he could think about was her words. She wants to see him. After a week of waiting he's finally meeting her.

Nathaniel's heart started beating fast, his hands started to shake as well. He was nervous.

Swallowing hard, he adjusted his coat, running his hands over his hairs.

Releasing a shaky breath he brought his trembling hand forward and touched the door knob and twisted it.

There she sat on the bed never failing to take his breath away.

She lost some weight, her fragile state made him ache. She looked pale and weak. He couldn't see her like this.

Her eyes lost the brightness it once had. The spark in them wasn't there anymore, just sadness present.

They just stared at each other, feeling their presence. Nathaniel opened his mouth to say something but no words came out.

His throat hurt as he stopped himself from crying in front of her. His eyes watered but he controlled himself.

He couldn't protect her, it's all his fault that she's here.

He watched as tears streamed down her face. He slowly walked towards her, his steps felt heavy as he limped towards her.