Chapter 1

Jeon Jungkook, the Captain of the basketball team and the most hottest guy in school, was known for his cold personality and cool spirit. His sharp, piercing gaze could cut through anyone like a knife, and his swift moves on the court were legendary. Girls whispered his name in hushed tones, hoping to catch his eye. But Jungkook was not one to be easily swayed. He was focused on the game.

But that's not the only thing that he was focused on. Jungkook was focused on someone else. Kim Taehyung. He was popular for dressing in skirts and shorts which had most of the guys in school drooling over his milky, long and straight legs. And it eventually made some of the girls jealous and envy him. Especially the popular girl, Yuri.

Yuri, the head cheerleader, had a crush on Jungkook since freshman year. She had tried everything to get his attention: from subtle glances to outright flirting. But Jungkook never seemed to notice. Or if he did, he never showed it. Yuri had always assumed that Jungkook was just playing hard to get.

And Taehyung? She never liked him. Ever since he set foot in their high school. She always taunted him, threw insults his way, and did everything she could to make his life a living hell. But Taehyung never let anyone, not even Yuri, get to him. He walked through the halls with his head held high, a smirk on his lips, and a confidence that made everyone, including Jungkook, stop and stare.

Today was just like any other day at school. Taehyung sat with his friends in their usual spot in the crowded cafeteria, surrounded by the constant hum of chatter and the clinking of silverware. Jungkook's gaze found him from across the room, his eyes lingering on Taehyung's outfit. Black padded skirt and a simple white t-shirt that perfectly framed his slender figure. He felt his heart flutter but quickly averted his gaze, not wanting to get caught.

Yuri, sitting a few tables away with her clique, noticed Jungkook's momentary distraction and narrowed her eyes at Taehyung. She had had enough of the whispers and stares that followed him everywhere. "You know what?" she announced to her friends, "I'm going to talk to him." Her words were like a declaration of war. She strutted over to Taehyung's table, her hips swaying and her smile fake as could be. "Hey, Tae," she cooed, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Taehyung looked up, raising an eyebrow at her sudden interest. "What do you want, Yuri?" he asked, his tone cool and collected. Jungkook's heart raced, his palms sweating as he pretended to focus on his lunch. He couldn't help but listen in on their conversation.

"I just wanted to tell you that your outfit today is... unique," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Jungkook's grip on his fork tightened, waiting for Taehyung's response. He knew that Taehyung wasn't one to back down from a challenge, especially not from someone like Yuri.

"But... that skirt, mmh mmh, doesn't look good on you," Yuri continued, her eyes glinting with spite. "You're not fooling anyone, you know."

Taehyung looked down at his skirt, a smirk playing on his lips. "I'm not trying to," he replied calmly, turning his gaze back to his lunch. Jungkook's eyes widened slightly, admiring Taehyung's unshakeable confidence.

"You know, I've been noticing that you have been putting almost all your attention on me. Like when you hear my name your ears are wide open." Taehyung says resting his chin on the palm of his hand. "Tell me, Hwang Ki-Yuri, are you in love with me?" The cafeteria goes quiet, everyone's eyes are glued to their table.

Yuri's cheeks flush red, her eyes widen in shock. "What? No!" she splutters, trying to recover her composure. "I just think it's funny how you think you can wear that and still get away with it."

Taehyung raises an eyebrow, his smile never leaving his face. "Get away with what exactly?"

Yuri's voice is tight. "With looking like a... a girl."

The cafeteria seems to hold its breath. Taehyung's smirk turns into a full-blown smile, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Ah, so you're just jealous that I can rock a skirt better than you can," he says, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear.

Yuri's eyes narrow, her grip on the chair tightening. "You wish," she hisses. "You're just a boy in a skirt, trying to be something you're not."

Taehyung's smile only grows wider. "And what does it matter if I am?" He stands up, his skirt fluttering slightly. "I am who I am, and if that bothers you, then maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why."

Jungkook can't believe what he's hearing. Taehyung's courage is something he's never seen before, and it's making his heart race even more. Yuri's face is now beet red, and she's visibly seething. "You're just trying to get attention," she spits out.

"Oh really let's go back to when I first started going to this school. Hmm, do you remember when everyone whispered about me behind my back? When you and your friends used to throw stuff at me, calling me names? I got attention, alright, but not the kind that I liked. But look at me now," Taehyung says spreading his arms wide, a hint of sadness in his eyes, "I'm not doing this for attention, Yuri. I'm doing it for me. For my comfort, for my style, for my happiness. And if that makes you uncomfortable, then maybe it's because you're the one with the problem."

The room is now utterly silent, all eyes are on Yuri, waiting for her next move. She's not used to being put in her place, especially not by someone like Taehyung. "Count your fucking days Kim Taehyung," she says through gritted teeth before storming off, her friends following in a huff. The tension is palpable as the murmur of conversation slowly returns to the cafeteria. Jungkook's heart is racing. He's never seen Taehyung stand up to Yuri like that before. He's impressed, and a little bit in awe.

Taehyung sits back down, as if nothing happened, and resumes his lunch. Jungkook can't help but feel a twinge of admiration for the way he handled the situation. He's always been strong, but today was different. It was like watching a butterfly emerge from a cocoon. Taehyung's friends pat him on the back, congratulating him, but Jungkook stays in his seat, his thoughts racing.

I'm so excited about this book hahaha🤭

Please comment and vote, I really love writing this book so it would really mean a lot if you tell me your thoughts and opinions on it.

Anyways guys, good day and good night and one more thing...

Chin tapak dum dum🤟🏾

-lxnnie