Chapter 4

The next day approached with the excitement of a thousand butterflies in Jungkook's stomach. He couldn't wait to see Taehyung again, to bask in the glow of his company and maybe, just maybe, find out what was behind that enigmatic wink. The school day dragged by, each class a tedious hurdle before he could be reunited with the boy who had captured his heart in a single afternoon.

Lunch break approached, and Jungkook found himself unable to concentrate on anything but the promise of seeing Taehyung again. He felt a nervous excitement building up inside him as he made his way to the cafeteria. The room was bustling with students, but all he could see was the figure of Taehyung sitting at a table, surrounded by his friends. Jungkook's heart raced as he approached, hoping that he'd saved a seat for him.

Taehyung looked up as Jungkook approached, and a smile lit up his face. He had indeed saved a seat, and as Jungkook sat down, he felt a strange sense of belonging. The guys at the table gave him a nod of respect, something they had never done before. It was clear that Taehyung had told them about their meeting.

"So, what's new?" Taehyung asked, popping a grape into his mouth. Jungkook's mind raced with all the things he wanted to say, but he settled for a simple, "Nothing much." He didn't want to scare Taehyung off with his overeager emotions.

Taehyung studied him for a moment before smiling. "You know, you don't have to be so guarded around me," he said, his voice gentle. Jungkook felt his shoulders relax slightly. "I'm just... I don't know," he admitted. "I've never felt this way before."

"What way?" Taehyung pressed, his eyes searching Jungkook's. Jungkook took a deep breath, his heart racing. "Like I can't stop thinking about you," he confessed. Taehyung's smile grew wider, and Jungkook felt his own cheeks burn. "Is that so bad?" Taehyung asked, leaning in slightly. Jungkook swallowed hard, his eyes locked on Taehyung's lips.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch, and the room erupted into movement. Taehyung's friends gathered their things, giving them a knowing look as they left. Jungkook felt his stomach flip as he realized they were now alone. "I should go," he said, standing up quickly. "But we can talk later, right?"

Taehyung's eyes searched his, a hint of amusement in them. "If you want," he said, his voice casual. Jungkook nodded, trying to hide his disappointment. He had hoped for more, but he didn't want to push. "I'll see you in class," he said, turning to leave.

Taehyung was about to stand up but was pushed back down in his seat by no one, none other than Yuri. Taehyung sighed, "Yuri, I don't wanna end up repeating the school year like you, so if you may, please let go of me. I have a class to be in."

Yuri's grip tightened on his arm. "What's going on with you and Jungkook?" she spat, her eyes narrowed with malice.

"And what does my relationship with Jungkook have to do with you?" Taehyung's voice was calm, but the tension in the air was palpable. Yuri's grip on his arm tightened even more, her nails digging into his skin. "You're just using him," she said, her voice low and venomous. "You're playing with his feelings like you do with everyone else's."

"Everyone else's? You don't even know half the school. And please name a person in that everyone else." Yuri's face flushed with anger, "You know what I mean, Taehyung."

Taehyung pulled his arm away from her grip, "No, I don't think I do," he said firmly, his eyes meeting hers. "And for the record, I don't use people. That's your department and I don't belong there." Yuri's eyes widened in surprise, her hand hovering in the air where his arm had been.

"What are you talking about?" she asked, trying to regain her composure.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Taehyung said, his voice unwavering. "You've been using your popularity to belittle and control people for too long. I won't be one of them."

Yuri's eyes narrowed, and she took a step closer to Taehyung, "You think you're so special because you have a few friends who actually like you for you? Jungkook is just another trophy for you to flaunt around. You're just using him to boost your own ego."

"Bitch I don't even have an ego to boost," Taehyung retorted, his patience wearing thin. "And as for Jungkook, he's his own person. He doesn't need me to validate him. Maybe you should worry about why you're so obsessed with my life instead of focusing on your own."

Yuri's grip on the table tightened until her knuckles turned white. "You think you're so much better than me?" she spat. "You're just a freak who thinks he's above everyone else because he dresses in cheap skirts and shorts with crop tops."

Taehyung raised his brow in amusement. "Oh darling I don't buy them, unlike you, I make my own and don't lie to yourself. You want then so bad. And that's okay. I have many more at home and I would be happy to give them to you." Taehyung smiled but his smile dropped, "that's if you can afford them," He whispered the last part, making sure that it was just the two of them who heard it.

Yuri's face was red with anger, but she knew that Taehyung had a point. "Whatever," she spat. "Stay away from Jungkook you fucking hoe," she said before storming off. Taehyung watched her leave, his heart racing from the confrontation. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He didn't need this kind of drama in his life, especially not now.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

When the final bell rang, Jungkook practically sprinted to the spot outside Taehyung's classroom where they had agreed to meet. Taehyung emerged a few moments later, his hair in a stylish mess, a backpack slung over one shoulder. Dress in an oversized white white shirt with a brown skirt, he looked like a model fresh off a runway. Jungkook's heart stuttered at the sight.

"Hey," Taehyung said, a small smile playing on his lips. "Ready to get out of here?"

Jungkook nodded, still a bit in awe. "Yeah," he managed to croak out. "Before we go, I just wanted to inform you that Bogum is coming with us. Is that okay?" Taehyung asked, his eyes searching Jungkook's for any signs of discomfort. Jungkook's mind raced. He had hoped for some alone time, but he knew that Taehyung's friendship with Bogum was important. "Of course," he said, trying to hide his disappointment.

"Great thank you. He's supposed to be here a minute ago... oh look there he is right now," Taehyung pointed to a figure in the distance. Jungkook followed his gaze and spotted Bogum, Taehyung's close friend, waving at them. Bogum was dressed in a colorful sweater and tight leather pants, his hair dyed a vibrant shade of pink that matched his smile. Jungkook felt a pang of jealousy. He had hoped for some one-on-one time with Taehyung, but he knew he couldn't be selfish.

"Hey Jungkook, TaeTae," Bogum greeted them, jogging over. He wrapped an arm around Taehyung's waist, and Jungkook felt his stomach twist. He was feeling a bit intimidated by Bogum's flamboyant personality and the ease with which he seemed to fit in with Taehyung's world.

"Eww no man, don't even try that here," Taehyung playfully pushed Bogum away with a laugh. "Jungkook this is Bogum, Gummie bear this is Jungkook." Taehyung introduced wrapping his arm around Bogum's shoulder. "Who wouldn't know the captain of our basketball team." Bogum joked.

Jungkook nodded, his eyes still on Taehyung's skirt, which swished as he walked. "Nice to meet you," he managed to say, his voice slightly strained.

Bogum looked at Jungkook with a knowing smile, "I've heard so much about you," he said, his eyes sparkling. "Tae's been raving about the basketball team's newfound style guru." Jungkook's cheeks burned, and he hoped Taehyung hadn't said too much about their encounter.

Watch my bestie's videos while I write the next update 🤭

-lxnnie