Chapter 3

Jungkook was in his room laying in his bed, staring at his phone wait for Taehyung to call him. He had replayed their conversation over and over in his head, trying to understand the strange feelings that had taken root in his chest. He knew that Taehyung was different from anyone he had ever met, and he couldn't ignore the pull he felt towards him. His thoughts were interrupted by the buzz of his phone.

He picked it up, his heart racing. It was a text from Taehyung.

XX-XXX-XXX-XXX

Hey, this is Taehyung
Just wanted to say thanks again for earlier
And sorry if I was a bit... distant

Jungkook felt a smile tug at his lips. He typed back:

Jungkook

It's fine
Just text me if you need anything

He waited for a response, his eyes glued to the screen. After a few moments, the ellipses appeared, then disappeared, and finally, a message popped up.

Tae❤

Maybe we could grab coffee tomorrow after school

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat.

Jungkook

Sure

he replied, trying to sound casual.

Jungkook

Where?

Tae❤

There's a café down the street from the school
It's called 'The Milky Way'
Do you know it?

Jungkook nodded to himself, even though Taehyung couldn't see him.

Jungkook

Yeah, I know it. My mom owns the café so...
It's a date then?

Tae❤

If you want to call it that

Jungkook felt his cheeks heat up.

Jungkook

I'll see you there

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The next day dragged on like molasses. Jungkook's mind kept drifting to the promise of the afternoon. The final bell rang, and he practically sprinted to his locker, his heart racing. He had to get out of the school and to the café before Taehyung. He didn't want to seem overeager. He threw his bag over his shoulder and rushed out the door, his heart pounding like a drum.

When he arrived at 'The Milky Way', the café was bustling with students from their school, some of them recognizing him and whispering as he passed. Jungkook felt a momentary flash of anxiety, hoping no one would interrupt them. He took a deep breath and pushed the door open, the bell chiming sweetly above his head. The warm scent of freshly baked goods and coffee enveloped him like a comforting hug.

Taehyung was already there, sitting in the corner booth, his legs crossed elegantly under the table. He looked up as Jungkook approached, his eyes lighting up with a smile that made Jungkook's stomach flip. Jungkook slid into the seat across from him, feeling a sudden awkwardness settle over him. He had no idea what to say or do. Taehyung seemed unfazed, sipping on a cup of tea that steamed gently.