Part 1

01

During the partnership meeting, I abruptly pushed aside the proposal on the table.

"Fu Ran, we agreed that the Luo Corporation would get 80% in this collaboration. What do you mean by this now?"

I stared intently at Fu Ran, who was sitting across from me at the long table.

That bastard, looking all proper and composed—short hair neatly trimmed, dressed in a suit and tie, with a high-bridged nose and deep, dark eyes. His muscular arm rested on the table, casually playing with a pure silver lighter between his fingers.

"President Luo, times have changed. The scandal involving your board members a few days ago had a significant impact."

"Since this is a partnership, it's naturally about mutual benefit. Any mistakes made by your company should be handled by your company alone."

I clenched my jaw, remaining silent.

Unlike the Fu family's autocratic management, the Luo family operated under a family system, with all direct relatives, big or small, holding shares.

This meant that whenever the shareholders misbehaved, as the current President of the Luo Corporation, I was forced to take the blame and clean up their mess.

Ever since my father's unexpected death, only heaven knew how much I schemed to become the president.

If this collaboration with the Fu family fails, those old geezers might force me out of office again.

"President Fu, you knows me well. I'll make a concession on this matter and offer you an additional 10% profit. I promise to give you an answer within three days!"

Fu Ran locked eyes with me, leaned forward, and crossed his hands on the table.

"Get out."

I stayed in my seat, unmoving.

Fu Ran's male secretary nodded, packed up his things, and left the room.

My secretary whispered, "President Luo?"

My Adam's apple bobbed as I nodded.

"You go out too."

"Yes, sir."

The sound of the door closing echoed.

The tall man across from me tapped his fingers lightly on the table.

"President Luo, you should know that I'm not someone who easily backs down. A 50-50 split is my bottom line. "

Seeing that I didn't respond, he got up and walked over to my side, placing his left hand over mine, which rested on the table.

"Fu Ran, you know the situation I'm in."

I lowered my head, showing a rare moment of vulnerability.

His hand traced from my chest up to my Adam's apple, exposing my reddened, vulnerable eyes fully to him.

Desire was evident in Fu Ran's gaze as he bent down and kissed me fiercely.

The air began to burn, the temperature rising to the point where it became hard to breathe.

After a long time, he released me, his voice hoarse. "60-40. Give me an answer within three days."

My eyes were red, and I looked at him pitifully, my voice tinged with light panting. "One week."

He stared at me for a while, then nodded.

02

My new Beta secretary walked beside me, his tone filled with surprise.

"President Luo, President Fu is notoriously difficult to deal with. Few people can squeeze money out of him. You're amazing! Our original bottom line was 50-50, and you managed to negotiate a 60-40 split!"

In front of the office mirror, I carefully applied an Omega pheromone suppressant patch over the fresh bite mark on the back of my neck.

"Have you gathered all the information I asked for?"

The secretary's eyes lit up. "Yes! As long as we get rid of those freeloading, meddling board members, you won't have to deal with them anymore!"

I glanced at him with a hint of a smile.

The new secretary had just graduated from university, lacking experience, but fortunately, he still had a fire in his belly and hadn't yet been beaten down by life.

His loyalty alone was enough for me to choose him as my personal secretary.

My phone buzzed. Just as the secretary was about to hand it to me, I waved him off, signaling him to leave.

Fu Ran: 【Come to my place tonight?】

I let out a sneer and replied with one word.

Luo Jiu An: 【Okay.】

03

On the surface, Fu Ran and I could be described as pure enemies.

But things were a bit more complicated behind the scenes.

He was the eldest son of the Fu family, born with a silver spoon in his mouth. As the only son and a top-tier Alpha, he was destined to inherit the Fu family's billion-dollar fortune from birth.

As for me, although my family background wasn't bad, I was an Omega. When my father was alive, he was a strong-willed man whose word was law. He raised me as his heir, and not a single one of those freeloaders in the old mansion dared to say anything.

After he unexpectedly passed away, my mother and I, left as a widow and an orphan, were openly criticized by those in the old mansion.

"An Omega? What right does he have to inherit the Luo family business? If he inherits it, won't it just end up in the hands of an outsider?"

"Jiu An is good-looking. If you ask me, we should arrange a marriage with some influential family in the future; it would bring even more benefits to the Luo family."

"Jiu An, as an Omega, you shouldn't be running around like an Alpha. I'll ask a piano teacher to come over someday. It would be much better for you to stay home and cultivate your temperament."

Although my father was gone, my mother was a formidable Omega. She immediately knocked the hot tea on the table to the ground, scaring the entire group out of their wits.

"What? Now that Luo Yan is gone, you all think you can bully a widow and his child?"

"Let me tell you! Even though his father is gone, the shares and funds are all in our hands. Unless I, the largest shareholder, give the word, no one can touch even a single part of this company!"

My mother grabbed my hand, and we strode out of the Luo family house with our heads held high.

Before leaving, she even ordered the secretary to splash red paint on the large stone lion at the entrance.

My biased step-grandmother was so enraged she nearly had a heart attack.

The Luo family had always valued Alphas over Omegas, which led to me growing up with a certain disdain for the Alpha.