Part 2

04

On Fu Ran's 20th birthday, the Fu family publicly announced that he would be joining the Fu Corporation.

I had just undergone my secondary gender differentiation and was invited to attend. My overly sensitive nose made me uncomfortable in the crowd.

Sunlight shone onto the ground in the garden, where a tall Alpha in a suit played the violin amidst the vibrant red rose bushes, surrounded by golden light.

When our eyes met, I had to admit that the atmosphere was so breathtaking that I couldn't forget it for years.

Later, I found out that Fu Ran was planning to confess to his childhood sweetheart, his "white moonlight," that night.

But his white moonlight didn't show up, instead, she boarded a plane to a foreign country.

As I expertly unlocked the door and pushed it open, I hadn't yet adjusted to the darkness when the man pinned me against the door and kissed me aggressively.

"Fu Ran..."

He was so fierce, as if he wanted to devour me whole.

The ripped shirt resembled snow in winter, and the burning touch sent shivers down my spine.

That's right, the more straightforward description of my relationship with Fu Ran was that we were friends with benefits.

No matter how much we clashed during the day, at night, we would both end up in this room, seeking simple pleasure.

Because we both had our own issues!

He had skin hunger—if he went too long without physical contact, he'd become anxious and unable to stay calm.

And as for me, right after I had just differentiated, I was ambushed while leaving and my car broke down, smoke billowing from it as it stopped by the roadside.

The scent of strawberries lingered faintly as it dispersed along the road.

"Luo Jiu An?"

The man's deep voice, like the sound of a cello, jolted my foggy mind awake.

When he picked me up, I struggled instinctively, and as his palm touched the skin around my waist, I could faintly feel his hand trembling.

At that moment, I was nearly overwhelmed by the imbalance of pheromones, almost driving me mad.

With no other option, Fu Ran pressed his canine teeth against the back of my neck and gave me my first temporary mark.

When I woke up in the hospital, the doctor informed me that I had developed pheromone imbalance syndrome and would need a long-term, high dose of Alpha pheromones.

It just so happened that Fu Ran walked in from outside and overheard.

The two of us reached an agreement in no time, and we've been muddling through like this for years.

05

I stared at the message on my phone.

Fu Ran: 【Something came up tonight, let's reschedule.】

I was stunned.

Fu Ran's skin hunger was severe. If we didn't see each other for just two days, he would become restless, and his complexion would turn deathly pale.

It had already been three days since our last meeting about the collaboration, and yet he suddenly postponed our agreed time.

This was the first time in the four years we had been friends with benefits.

Just then, a childhood friend called me, his tone playful: "Jiu An! Guess who I saw at the mall?"

I smirked, uninterested: "The King of Heaven?"

"No, Fu Ran! The Fu Ran who works 360 days out of 365! And the best part? He was out shopping with a sweet little Omega girl! It was shocking."

My hand holding the phone froze.

"Are you sure?"

His tone was exaggerated: " How could I not be sure! I know that sweet little Omega too. It's none other than Shen Rou, Fu Ran's legendary white moonlight, the one who went abroad back then!"

I paused, a vivid memory of that breathtaking moment in the garden flashing in my mind.

A brief discomfort stirred in my heart, but it was soon interrupted by another call.

Lin Zi Yu's voice was lively, full of energy: "Jiu An! Don't forget, you promised to come shopping with me today to buy a gift. Don't get too busy and forget!"

I sighed, a bit helpless: "Don't worry, I won't forget."