Part 6

12

Downstairs, inside Fu Ran's car.

I rubbed my forehead in frustration, my tone sharp, "Fu Ran, what the hell are you trying to do?"

His voice was icy cold. "Why can you explain things to him?"

"Hmm?"

Fu Ran grabbed my wrist, staring intently at me. "Why won't you explain things to me?"

I opened my mouth, then closed it again.

I was completely bewildered!

Had Fu Ran... lost his mind?

What kind of relationship did we even have? Why would I need to explain anything to him?

He didn't explain what he did with Shen Rou to me either!

Thinking of Shen Rou, I suddenly felt that this situation was a bit pointless, as if a husband were catching his wife cheating.

"You really want to hear it?"

Fu Ran stayed silent, but his eyes never wavered.

"I like Lin Zi Yu. I've liked him since high school, and because of that, I don't want him to misunderstand our relationship."

I was telling the truth.

However, now... some things had inevitably changed.

When I mentioned that I liked Lin Zi Yu, something dangerous flickered in Fu Ran's icy eyes.

I tried to pull my wrist free, but he held on, leaving me feeling a bit helpless.

"And besides... now that Miss Shen is back, it's better if we end our relationship here, to avoid making the people we care about unhappy."

"You wore couple's watches with him."

I waited for him to say more, my eyelid twitching.

Instead, Fu Ran pulled out a lighter, his fingers trembling slightly as he lit a cigarette.

The window was open, and in the flickering light of the cigarette, his sharp, handsome profile was just as stunning as the first time I saw him in the garden.

Neither of us spoke for a while.

After a long pause, he finally broke the silence.

"What if I said I don't like Shen Rou?"

My heart skipped a beat.

Then I let out a soft laugh. "Young Master Fu, whoever you like is entirely your own business."

Fu Ran flicked the ash out the window before slowly rolling it up, sealing us in the car.

Something told me this wasn't good.

I had just reached for the car door when I heard the click of the locks, sealing the car completely.

"Fu Ran!" I turned to him, anger flashing in my eyes.

But he just looked at me with reddened eyes and gave me a dazzling smile.

I was stunned for a moment, and then a strong scent of liquor began to fill the confined space of the car.

The rich, intoxicating smell of liquor was even more overpowering than the fresh scent of oranges, making the strawberry aroma rush to the forefront.

The faint strawberry fragrance that had just barely been noticeable in the room earlier, now burst forth as if a valve had been opened the moment it came into contact with the strong liquor.

Fu Ran's voice, deep and resonant like a cello, carried a hint of amusement as he spoke. "Jiu An, didn't your Omega teacher ever tell you? Pheromones never lie."

13

"Let... Let go of me!"

I tried to push him away, but the imbalance in my pheromones suddenly drained my strength.

The car seat was reclined, and as I lay there, my limbs felt weak, leaving me with no choice but to crawl in a futile attempt to escape.

The tall man pinned me down from behind.

"Fu Ran! You..."

His deep, sultry voice whispered in my ear.

"Jiu An, I want to touch you."

Even though it was a familiar touch, today, for some reason, it filled me with fear.

As soon as he grabbed me, his teeth sank into the gland on the back of my neck.

A tingling sensation, mixed with an overwhelming wave of pleasure, left my mind blank.

"Mm!"

I don't know how long it lasted, but I found myself limply held in Fu Ran's arms.

My face streaked with tears from the earlier loss of control.

Just before the car started moving, I vaguely heard him whisper in my ear, "Don't like anyone else."

In the middle of the night, I woke up with an urgent need to pee. After using the bathroom and getting back into bed, I suddenly remembered what he had said.

I shot up in bed, yelling, "What the hell? Fu Ran must be out of his mind!"

I was absolutely furious.

"He's just a friend with benefits, does he really think he's the main wife? Who does he think he is to tell me who I can like?

"Madman!"

I reached down to rub my sore waist, still fuming, ready to curse him a few more times, when the bedside lamp suddenly flicked on.

"Done complaining?"

I jumped, startled, and tried to get up and dodge, but a large hand grabbed my waist.

Fu Ran's handsome face was drowsy, but his voice was full of grit as he spoke through clenched teeth, "I was worried you were tired. But it seems that President Luo still has plenty of energy!"

Hmm?

I struggled to get out of bed, but he pulled me back and pinned me beneath him.

My lips were seized in a fierce kiss, and his hand slid under my shirt.

His fingers started wandering with less than innocent intentions.

Under the soft glow of the bedside lamp, the scent of strong liquor and strawberries began their tangled dance once again.