Part 4

08

As soon as I entered the company, my secretary rushed over with bright, eager eyes like a little puppy.

His voice was full of excitement: "President Luo, everyone's here!"

I chuckled softly and pushed open the door to the conference room.

Inside, most of the board members were my various aunts and uncles from the Luo family. I often wondered how my father had managed to tolerate them in the past.

At this moment, they didn't even bother to hide their displeasure as they faced me, an Omega junior.

"Jiu An, you've only been the president of the Luo Corporation for a few years, and yet you're making your elders wait for you!"

I took my seat at the head of the table, my long fingers casually tapping on the tabletop.

"You should enjoy waiting while you still can, because there might not be another chance in the future."

My third uncle, who had just spoken, immediately slammed the table and stood up, shouting, "How dare you speak to us like that!"

The other relatives chimed in, their voices overlapping.

"Exactly, Jiu An! Just because your father is gone doesn't mean you can talk to your uncle like that!"

"An Omega with no manners at all!"

With a smile, I slammed the documents onto the table, and at the same time, the large screen behind me lit up with a rolling presentation of the information.

"The Luo Corporation was built from the ground up by my grandfather. Out of consideration for family, he gave you all shares and dividends. Even when my father took drastic measures to clean up the company, he didn't say much.

"But now, looking at the state of things, if we don't deal with this properly, the Luo Corporation might not have a future."

The secretary nodded and distributed a stack of documents to everyone.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the board, please take a look. Inside, you'll see the actions of the Luo family members—my so-called good relatives."

My third uncle frowned and tossed the papers aside. "Jiu An, that's not right! We're all family—what happens within the family should stay within the family. These are family matters; how can you bring it out into the open?"

I raised my hand, signaling the secretary to pause the presentation on a slide showing the recent negative impact on Luo Corporation.

"Third Uncle, this subsidiary was under your watch, and you guaranteed that my cousin would manage it well. Yet, in less than three months, he's dared to tamper with the supply chain and even embezzled public funds.

"This is no small matter. Do you think I would believe you even if you claim you didn't know about it?"

Seeing the evidence laid out, my third uncle's face turned ashen, and he fell silent.

Some of the other relatives were about to argue, but I presented the evidence one by one.

"I'm not my father. You all know how my mother and I were treated in the Luo family. Blood ties won't bind me.

"If you don't want to leave here with some dignity, I can hand all this over to the police."

"Jiu An, you—"

"That won't do."

"How can you involve the police in this?"

I remained silent until someone finally asked, "Luo Jiu An, what exactly do you want?"

I let out a soft laugh. "Nothing much. Strictly business—I just want to buy some Luo Corporation shares at market value."

For a moment, the room fell silent, everyone lost in their own thoughts, no one daring to speak up.

I took a leisurely sip of my coffee.

"Take your time to think it over, dear aunts and uncles. Secretary Sun, make the call."

"Yes, President Luo."

Seeing Secretary Sun about to make the call, some of them finally panicked and quickly spoke up to stop him.

"Wait! I... I'm a bit strapped for cash and could use some quick money. I'm willing to sell you a portion of my shares."

Seeing how cooperative my third uncle was, I immediately smiled and said, "No rush, Uncle. I'll have them draft the contract. How about this afternoon?"

Wiping the sweat from his brow, my third uncle nodded. "No rush."

This battle was a complete victory for me.

As I was leaving, I couldn't help but sigh, "Ah, the things parents do for their children."

09

Once we stepped outside, Secretary Sun asked worriedly, "They've been dealt with, but what about the supply chain? Finding a new one now, especially for such a large volume, won't be easy to secure quickly."

I didn't respond immediately, instead dialing Lin Zi Yu's number.

"I heard you've recently acquired a few factories, Lin. How about giving them to me?"

On the other end, Lin Zi Yu's voice sounded tired, almost as if he had been crying.

"Jiu An, don't joke around. I was preparing them for you anyway."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

As soon as I questioned him, he started to choke up. "I just got dumped."

Huh?

Even after the call ended, I still hadn't fully processed what he'd said.

Secretary Sun, who had overheard the whole conversation, suddenly brightened up and gave me a thumbs-up.

"President Luo, so you've already made arrangements about the supply chain with President Lin. But... what about your cousin?"

I glanced at him with a smile, saying nothing.