#13. locked away

<3

fairytale

fairytale.
chapter 013 ━━━━ locked away

the two of you entered the cozy cafe, the warmth immediately wrapping around you like a comforting blanket

the two of you entered the cozy cafe, the warmth immediately wrapping around you like a comforting blanket. the walls were adorned with soft, earthy tones, and the scent of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the sweet aroma of pastries.

a few customers sat scattered around, some engrossed in conversation, others simply enjoying the serene atmosphere.

you made your way to a table near the window, the glass slightly fogged from the contrast of the warm interior and the cold outside.

taking a seat, you found yourself mesmerized by the snowflakes dancing outside, each one unique and delicate, drifting down in a slow, graceful descent.

the world beyond the window seemed hushed and still, a quiet winter wonderland unfolding before your eyes.

Sunday, standing beside the table, followed your gaze for a moment before turning to you. "what would you like to order?" he asked, his voice cutting through your reverie.

"i'll be the one falling in line at the counter."

you blinked, pulling your thoughts back to the present, and looked up at him. "red velvet crinkles," you replied with a small smile, "and a hot cocoa, please."

he nodded, his expression softening slightly as he took in your order. "got it. i'll be right back."

as he walked away, you watched him join the line at the counter, your gaze lingering on his back for a moment before returning to the window.

the snow outside continued its gentle descent, and you let out a soft sigh, feeling a sense of peace settle over you.

your eyes drifted back to Sunday as he reached the counter, speaking to the barista. there was something different about him lately, a subtle shift in his demeanor that you couldn't quite place.

the cold distance that had once defined your interactions seemed to be thawing, little by little, replaced by something warmer, more genuine.

when he turned back toward you, his eyes briefly met yours, and you felt your heart skip a beat. there was no pretense in his gaze, no mask to hide behind — just a quiet understanding, as if he, too, was beginning to see things in a new light.