New Addition

In what Jade deemed a long ass time to be conversing out in the open, the crew were now educated and up to date with Victoria who preferred the name Tori. Jade made a mental note to call her by anything other than that, just to mess with her. The crew introduced themselves and then Tori recounted what she could remember, which wasn't very much. She had been kidnapped and experimented on. She had been taken at fifteen and spent three years in the lab before she was put to sleep in the tank. Then came the torturous tests she had undergone in a futile effort to find a cure for the vampire virus. The reason she possessed the traits they witnessed was because the scientists only came close with canine DNA, specifically, a wolf's. She was literally bred to fight the virus, and in turn, it caused her to react in a hostile manner towards the infected. However, the results of the tests weren't exactly what the scientists had been looking for so they shelved her, for lack of a better word. In case their new approach to the problem didn't solve anything they could always fall back on her.

She explained that at one point she had heard that she was one of thirty more like her, but the others were spread out all over the world in similar labs. There was no evidence to any other in this lab even though she said she had seen another. A search of the place turned up nothing. Further questions concerning her life before she was kidnapped turned up nothing. She knew she had a family but that was about it. Whatever they did to her caused her to forget a lot. She knew it caused amnesia because she remembered long black outs and gaps in her memory. In return for her information, the gang told her the year and the status of the virus. She looked concerned when she heard. Jade looked away from her expression, wondering why she even cared. What was she going to do anyway? Was she going to play superhero and save the world with her fellow humans-turned-mutts? Jade scoffed to herself and crossed her arms, beginning to zone out, but the conversation yanked her back in.

"You should come with us!" Cat exclaimed excitedly.

"We could use anyone we can get," Andre added. Beck and Robbie nodded along in agreement.

"Is that why she's with you? From what I heard no vampire could be trusted. What makes her so special?" Tori questioned, voice rigid. Jade ignored her, adamantly looking away.

"Jade has a strong hold on her humanity. I don't think she ever lost it, actually. I recruited her myself. She's here to help in any way she can, just as you'll be," Beck answered. Tori felt that what he said could be trusted so she only nodded but kept a wary eye on the vampire. Everything she was built for went towards the instincts she now had to destroy her enemy. But Jade could be trusted, or so these people said. She would take their word for it, but the second Jade gave her a reason she wouldn't hesitate to tear her to pieces. She knew for sure Jade felt the same way. It was a tenuous cease-fire at best.

"If you say so," Tori replied, eyeing the vampire distrustfully.

"Good, so let's get going," Andre spoke up, yet no one moved. It looked like Tori would be returning with them. Jade knew she couldn't change their minds so she didn't say anything against it. That didn't mean she would accept it amiably either. She was determined to make Tori leave in any way she was able. The tension seemed to keep them in place. Beck was the first to move. He sighed and turned to lead the way out. Both Robbie and Cat looked from wolf hybrid to vampire cautiously before following him. Andre offered Tori a smile and patted her shoulder before walking out too. Tori didn't trust Jade behind her so she waited with a sharp glare for her to go first. Jade realized this and smirked.

"Scared?" she taunted.

"Not even close. I just don't believe you won't try to attack me when my back is turned," Tori replied. Jade's smirk turned devious before she shrugged.

"Hell, I'm not sure I believe myself either," she stated. Tori's eyes narrowed further and Jade met them head on.

"Jade, come on," Beck's irritated voice told her. He was standing at the door, giving her an exasperated look. Jade ignored him, her eyes still on Tori.