CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

A Sunday in July, my wedding day. Everything was fully prepared, the sky was clear and the sun was shining. Though the only text I got from Walter was, "Have a good time."
My gown was ready, and make up was competed for the evening. Paul spent a lot of money on selecting a beautiful garden where we could see the sky very clearly. I was done with everything and I was looking in the mirror. My wedding gown, my jewelry, my makeup, everything just looked perfect. But there was something wrong... There was a pain in my heart. It was impossible for me to change that ice man into a human, and I have lied to everyone for my own sake.
"Someone is lost in mirror," laughed John standing behind me.
I gasped and turned around, "You almost scared me jerk!" I ran towards him and hugged him tightly, feeling tears trying to escape from my eyes. "John... I'm really sorry."
He put his arms around my back and held me tightly. "It's okay," he brushed his fingers through my hairs, ""Hey! How can a bride cry on her wedding day? Are you crying because you miss Walter?" he asked me.
"He's a jerk!" I wiped my tears.
"You look beautiful, and that jerk is lucky," he laughed. "Come out soon for the ceremony Jennie will be with you," he turned around and left.
I looked into the mirror and I held myself inside.
"Laura, dear, let's go," Jennie smiled, peaking in through the door, looking at me. I walked over to her and hugged her as well.
I came out and Jennie was holding my arms. When I turned around I saw someone looking at me through the bushes. "Why are you standing over there, come, everyone is waiting Laura, dear," she pushed me forward and when I turned back again, it was Walter in his three-piece white suit. My eyes met his and he suddenly hid himself again in the bushes. Was he waiting for me? Was he looking at me?

Eventually the wedding started, we exchanged rings, but never did we make eye contact. Everything was going according to plan until a woman came towards me with a beautiful bouquet.
"Congratulations!" she said presenting the bouquet to me.
"You..." I tried to speak, thinking of who she was.
"Sister, you..." said Walter, looking astonished.
"You are Walter's sister?" I asked.
"Correct, by the way, you look beautiful," she said and went to a corner. I looked at Walter with confused expressions.
"Can I have your attention please," John started, " I am playing some music and there will be a dance and yes, we have a surprise for the bride as well, " John said grasping my hand. I looked at Walter, and he seemed to look a bit annoyed.
"John, please," I mumbled.
"No, no, close your eyes," he grinned, having a good time.
I sighed and closed my eyes, "What's going on?" I asked, annoyed.
"Open," whispered John.
"Congratulations Laura!" said all the children with flying lanterns in their hands.
"Children!" I smiled and cried out, looking at the lanterns they started to throw into the sky.
"Laura!" they hugged me, and I looked up to the sky. It was blooming with the lanterns and their beauty shown across the wedding. The music began to play and everyone was dancing. I was standing watching the sound of cheers and happiness everywhere. This was the best day of my life.
"And why are the husband and wife are standing apart?" asked John, pulling my arm.
"John, I don't dance," I shrugged and smiled it off.
He pushed me hard into Walter's arm. We looked at each other in shock. I looked into his eyes and his eyes were already looking into my eyes. I couldn't remove my eyes from him. We were holding each other's hands. I pushed his hands away.
"I am sorry, John is just..." I tried to explain, but I couldn't get myself to say it.
"We should leave," he replied, looking away from me.
Jennie and John walked me to the car. And as the car left, my heart felt like it was drowning and I couldn't breathe.