[🎲] [𝟐𝟐] 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐢𝐧

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With a heavy sigh escaping your lips, you reluctantly tear yourself away from Jean's presence.

You take a moment to steady your heavy breathing while slowly prying open your eyes, knowing all too well that the source of the disturbance lies next to you.

As Jean's chest heaves, a heavy breath escapes his lips, carrying with it a mix of weakness and anticipation.

Meanwhile, your hand reaches out, your fingers closing around the device. "Sorry, give me a moment."

"What?" you ask, your voice tinged with annoyance as you reluctantly answer the call.

"(y/n), where are you?" Colt's voice is barely audible amidst the torrent of background noise that filled the air.

He attempts to ask a question, his words struggling to rise above the clamour.

"I'm with Jean," you declare, your voice carrying across the space.

As you speak, you catch a glimpse of his eyes fixed on you, his gaze unwavering.

Colt's voice echoes through the space as he clears his throat, a subtle indication of his interruption. "I'm sorry for interjecting," he begins, his words laced with a sense of urgency. "But Zeke got into a fight, and he has a large gash and needs stitches, so an ambulance is taking him to the hospital; he was asking for you."

In the midst of frustration and concern, the words spill forth from your lips, laden with a touch of annoyance.

"He's such a fucking idiot," you mutter, your voice tinged with a mix of disbelief and irritation.

A momentary pause follows, as if contemplating the gravity of the situation, before your tone softens. "Is he okay?" You ask.

From the very first glance, a sense of foreboding washed over you as you observed the peculiar manner in which he consumed his drink.

It was as if an invisible thread of anticipation had woven itself into the fabric of your consciousness, whispering of an impending event, for it was an occurrence that had become all too familiar.

Time and time again, you witnessed the unfolding of unforeseen circumstances whenever this man indulged in his libations. With a heavy heart and a resigned sigh, you braced yourself for the inevitable, knowing all too well that history was bound to repeat itself once more.

"I don't know because there was a lot of blood dripping down his face," he begins, his voice trembling with concern. "But he's with Ymir on the way to the hospital, and me and Bert are getting an Uber there now."

You offer a subtle nod of your head, even though you know he cannot perceive your gesture.

"Okay, I'll get there when I can." You reply with a hint of resignation in your voice.

As the conversation draws to a close, you instinctively move to protect your phone, delicately shielding its screen from prying eyes.

The reason for your sudden caution becomes apparent as you realise that the video you had been discreetly recording is still displayed prominently on the device's vibrant display.

"Is everything okay?" Jean, with a curious expression on his face, opens his mouth and poses the question.

With a heavy heart, the words spill from your lips, "Zeke got into a fight and is on his way to the hospital, so I'm sorry, but once again, I need to leave."

Jean's countenance betrays a mixture of surprise and disappointment as your words reach his ears. However, he quickly composes himself, clearing his throat in an attempt to regain his calm.