Chapter 7-Matthew

God this girl still has me wrapped around her finger.  I wanted her to be mine, after all of the years.  We are in as much love as high school if not a lot more.

The way her face looked at me, it was still making me blush.  I just can't believe I kissed her.  God, maybe I should meet them at the graveyard for her mom.  Wait no that's weird.

I will see if she wants to watch a movie tonight, and ole man can join as well.  Wait, would that be weird.  Or would it give the wrong impression.  Wait, I sound like a chic. 

Suddenly a knock on the front door brings me out of my head.  When I checked the cameras it was Samantha.  She was still standing there just waiting for someone to open the door and fall into her trap.  No thank you, you can'tmake me.  But she still stood there. Out of the southern hospitality that I did have. I pressed the microphone button in the ring app, "what do you want witch, oops I mean bitch?"

"See someone's matured a little," she mumbled but was still audible. "I'm here to talk," she pauses, "like adults." She says with a smug but worried look.

"Give me a moment." I say defeated. I may be in love with Shani but that does not mean I'm a monster who will shut out a damsel in distress. Plus knowing my luck coach will let her in thinking nothing of it.

As I finished getting dressed, I threw on a fair of socks. Walking towards the door I kept telling myself that she's the one who left. She's the one who cheated. She's the one that stole from me so she could, Matt she human. I tell myself at least while opening the door, "What do you want." My face straight and my tone sharp enough to cut. Now was when I finally saw her acne littering her face, she looked skinnier than when I last saw her and most importantly her was beginning to thin. She's on drugs.

"I need you. I got mixed up into a bad crowd and I don't know what to do this loser," she rattles on for another minute but I stop listening.

"Sam you ruined us, no you ruined me when you fucking ditched out the night before our god damn wedding. Legit, three months after we lost her. Three go damn months after I lost my fucking child. My baby, our baby." I say with anger raging through my voice.

Her face filled with shock and sadness as she remembered what her actions cost us. That her drug use cost me a child. I'm brought out of thoughts when the words, "What if I told you I lied?"

Rage filled my eyes, I grabbed Sam by her jacket on both sides of zipper, "What the fuck do you mean, you lied?" I say with enough aggression to cause her to cower.

"She's being raised by a loving family. When she died is when I gave her away. My post partum depression got the best of me. I felt like I couldn't do anything and that I was failing left and right." She says in tears by the end of it.

"Who has her?" I ask demanding to know where my daughter was.  She may have been ripped from my life but that little shit is mine.

Looking me in my eyes never losing eye contact, "She bounced around with my friends and then got placed into the foster system.  The girl is with a family that genuinely cares for he-" I interrupt her with my fist making its way through the wall before she could finish.

I remove my hand from the wall and push her back up against the wall, "what the fuck do you mean she's in fucking foster care.  That child is mine as well.  What the fuck is wrong with you?"  I pause for a moment realizing I was slipping into dangerous areas that I could not afford.   I finally remove my hands and back away. "Give me the phone number of the case worker, because I'm getting my baby girl back and she will not have any part of you for as long as I live."

I remain a distance away trying to keep the red eye monster locked in.  "You act like I know.  Just call a local office and tell them you're the father."  She says snidely as she inches closer to the door continuously peaking around the still open front door. 

"You are fucking useless you piece of fucking shit.  Get the fuck out and never contact me again." I say ruthlessly never removing eye contact.

"Fine but just so you know adoption court is in two weeks so good luck, sweetie pie."  She says nonchalantly as she walks out the door and runs into a small sedan before I could ask any other questions.  That bitch knew exactly which buttons to push to make me push myself in a dangerous zone.

I don't know how long I'm in my thoughts till I hear Shani and Dave coming through the front door as I'm still sitting on the floor.  "Why was Sam just here?"  Shani asks looking worried and petrified at me.  She knelt down to me to look me in eyes, with the latter emotions I could feel the genuine caring radiate off of her. 

"The bitch, I mean Samantha came by," I say as I look at Dave, " she finally told me where Darla is.  The bitch put her in fucking foster care without telling me."  I pause as Shani parts my legs out so she place her knees on the wrong even with her hips and brings me in for a hug.  "Darla has adoption court in two weeks and I don't know what to do."  I say as I start to cry.  That girl is my whole world and has been why I push as hard as I have in the last few months.  I looked for so long for them with absolute fail.

"Darla?  Wait is her nickname Dars?"  I immediately look up.

"You've seen my daughter?"  I ask with so many more questions flying through my head.

"I'm the one who put her in foster care because Samantha meant a drug dealing piece of shit and left her with me for two weeks.  Samantha told me the father was a dead beat.  If I would have known I would have contacted you."  Shani lessens the hug and looks me in the eye.  I see her eyes starting to pool with tears and turn red.

"Not to break this beautiful moment.  But I'm going to head to plane field for practice.  You too need to talk."  Dave immediately shuts the room and assumingely jogs to his car.

We sat in silence for so long, just studying each other.  "Samantha didn't come around till 3 weeks after I dropped her with DCFS."  Shani quietly says while deep in thought.

I plant my hand on the map of her neck, my thumb on her cheek making her look at me, "What is my daughter like, at least the last time you saw her?"

"She is you only add princesses, tiaras with tea parties."  I interrupt her, bringing her in for one small peck. 

Afterwards I whisper, "Do you have pictures?"

She smiles, wiping a tear from her cheek, "of course I do."  She grabs her phone.  Showing me the cutest 1 year old in a onsie with a tiara.  Her eyes reminded me of Shani.  The nose is for sure mine, I come this realization I cry.  Shani is there for me every step of the way.

"Come on, let's go."  Shani stands up and extends her hand. 

"What are we going to do?" I question as I grab her hand and pulls me up.

"I'm taking you to your daughter."  Shani smiles, of course she would know the foster parents.

"Who's car we taking?" She laughs and shakes her head.

Still holding my hand, she wraps it around her shoulder and bringing me closer.  "Obviously mine but not the one in the driveway."  I immediately stop and turn her towards me with questioning expression, "Oh sugar, did you think that's the only vechile I have?  I planned on taking my Chevy Corvette.  I promise you will love the color."

What did this girl do for work?  I know she some medical experience and graduate in sports management and kinesiology.  Who the fuck is the coach's daughter? Why did she have be so mysterious?