midnight calls

Daisy felt like she could finally breathe once she stepped out into the breezy La air.

It had been a hectic two days, to say the least. 

Following what Daisy was calling "the psychotic family break," She'd packed up her things along with her dog, Sienna's belongings, and they'd holed up with her sister in Carolina's small townhouse for a day while Daisy arranged flights home to La.

She wanted to be there for Carolina, considering that her twin sister was pregnant and had a marriage that was falling apart, but after months on the road with Taylor even Lina could sense that Daisy really needed to go home. 

So, go home she did. And Daisy could admit nothing felt better than stepping off that plane and knowing she was going home.

Luckily it didn't take Daisy and Sienna long to find Daisy's truck in long-term parking, and from there it was only a twenty minute drive to Daisy's house.

"gosh I missed my couch" Daisy groaned as she kicked off her Birkenstocks and flopped down on her couch the second she got all her luggage safely inside the house. Unpacking would be a job for future Daisy.

Sienna promptly jumped up and curled up next to Daisy on the couch as Daisy clicked through movies on netflix.

"what should we order tonight, si-si?" Daisy asked the golden cocker spaniel as she set down the remote in favor of grabbing her phone and scrolling through doordash 

as she was distracted, nextflix started to play "say yes to the dress" automatically

"we already been talkin' rings" A lady's southern drawl blared out, and Daisy looked up, startled

she muted the Tv and returned to her food search 

talkin' rings

the sentance reverberated around her head

talkin' rings...talkin' rings and talkin' dresses? 

no, that didn't sound right

"talkin' rings and talkin' cradles" Daisy hummed "wait, there's something to that. That's good" 

Daisy sprung up and accidentally shook Sienna from her spot on the blanket

"sorry baby" Daisy winced before practically lunging to her bedroom

Daisy beelined for her Guitar and sat down on the floor in front of her mirror as she hummed the line repeatedly

"talkin' rings and talkin' cradles... I wish I could forget...no, That's...Siri? what's a synonym for forget?" she asked her phone

Siri helpfully listed a bunch of synonyms, and one made Daisy's heart leap into her throat

unrecall

"Talkin' rings and talkin' cradles, I wish I could unrecall how I gave you my all" Daisy sang, strumming her guitar along with the melody

excitement buzzed through her, she knew this song had potential.

before she knew it, three hours had passed. 

she'd sent around sixteen voice memos to aaron dessner, pitching the song she'd titled 'loml' to him. 

"does tomorrow at nine work?" Aaron texted back almost immediately despite it being almost 3am.

"yes!!!! it's called loml, fyi" Daisy texted back 

Aaron sent her a thumbs up, and then told her to go to bed.

Daisy decided that it was probably in her best interest to go to bed, so she placed her guitar back on it's stand, changed into her pajamas, and went go to let Sienna outside one last time.