story 1.3:The First Test

Saksham woke with a start, the soft light of morning filtering through the curtains. Midnight was already up and about, preparing for the day. He rubbed his eyes and stretched before addressing her.

"Thanks for having me. What's for breakfast?" Saksham asked, his stomach growling in anticipation.

"Oh, you're up!" Midnight's voice was warm and welcoming. "I'm glad to see you're feeling better. We've got a simple breakfast lined up—some toast, eggs, and fruit. Nothing too fancy, but it should help you get back on your feet."

As Midnight continued to prepare the meal, she turned to Saksham. "How are you feeling?"Saksham shook his head and smiled. "I'm feeling better now. Just hungry."

Midnight's eyes softened with relief. "I'm glad to hear that. Let's get you something to eat, and then we can talk about what comes next. We still need to go over some details and figure out how to help you adjust to this world."

"Sure, let's get some food first," Saksham agreed. "I'm curious about what's going to happen next."

Midnight led Saksham to the cafeteria where breakfast awaited. As they walked, Tsukauchi and Nezu joined them, their faces bright with morning cheer."Good morning, Saksham. How are you feeling today?" Tsukauchi asked, his tone polite and concerned.

Nezu nodded in agreement. "Yes, good morning. I hope you slept well. We'd like to continue our conversation from yesterday once you've had something to eat."Saksham responded, "Yes, I certainly did. Midnight was a great host. So, have you found any info on why the Third World War isn't recorded and why I'm 400 years in the future?"

Nezu's expression turned thoughtful. "I'm glad to hear that you rested well, Saksham. Regarding your questions about the Third World War and the time discrepancy, we're still looking into it. There might be a gap in the historical records or some anomaly that we need to investigate further."

Tsukauchi added, "We're coordinating with other agencies to find any information that could explain the missing records. It's a complex situation, but we're committed to uncovering the truth."

Nezu continued, "In the meantime, I have a suggestion that might benefit both you and our students. We're just about to start a new batch of students here at U.A. High School. Given your unique background and experiences, you might be able to offer them valuable insights and perspectives."

Midnight nodded enthusiastically. "That's a great idea, Nezu. You could help teach and mentor the students, and in turn, it might give you a better understanding of our world and its quirks."Nezu's eyes twinkled with anticipation. "What do you think, Saksham? It could be a good opportunity for you to acclimate to this time period and for us to better support you in your search for answers."

Tsukauchi added, "And it might also help us learn more about you and your background. Your experiences could provide useful context for our investigation."

Saksham's mind wandered as he considered their offer. If he was stuck here, he needed something to do. With no war and no military records, he felt lost. Thoughts of his family surfaced, accompanied by a haunting image of a picture stained with blood. He sighed deeply before speaking.