story 1.4 (end):Twilight

The room exuded warmth, with the soft glow of the TV casting a comforting ambiance throughout the living area. Saksham reclined comfortably on the couch, his attention caught by the evening news flashing across the screen. The hum of activity came from the kitchen, where Midnight was busy preparing dinner.

"Dinner will be ready soon! I'm making something simple but hearty—hope you're hungry!" Midnight's voice called out from the kitchen, carrying a playful yet caring tone.

The aroma of the meal wafted through the air, filling the space with a homely scent that complemented the cozy atmosphere. Midnight occasionally glanced towards Saksham, a warm smile playing on her lips as she worked.

A few moments later, Midnight approached the living area with a plate in hand. "I'm glad you're settling in," she remarked, her voice light as she set the plate down on the coffee table. "How's the TV? Anything interesting?"

Saksham's gaze remained on the screen, where a news report was covering a recent pro hero incident.

"In today's breaking news, Pro Hero 'Steel Tempest' was involved in a dramatic confrontation with a powerful Quirk villain known as 'Frostbite.' The battle took place in the heart of the city, where Frostbite unleashed a barrage of ice attacks, creating chaos and endangering civilians.

Steel Tempest, renowned for his superhuman strength and wind manipulation abilities, engaged Frostbite in a fierce struggle. The hero managed to use his wind powers to deflect the ice projectiles and create a protective barrier around the affected areas. After a prolonged battle, Steel Tempest used his ultimate wind vortex technique to disarm and subdue Frostbite, preventing further damage.

Fortunately, no civilians were harmed, but the area suffered significant property damage. Steel Tempest has been praised for his quick thinking and bravery in protecting the city, though there are ongoing concerns about the rising frequency of villain attacks."

Saksham raised an eyebrow at the report, his tone neutral as he commented, "This is how pro heroes fight."

Midnight, placing the plate down in front of him, raised her own eyebrow in response. "Impressed by our fellow heroes, huh? Steel Tempest did put on quite a show. But you know, the real action happens here, too. How's your dinner coming along?"

Her playful tone didn't mask the keen interest in how Saksham was processing the news. She knew he had a critical eye, and she was curious to hear his thoughts.

Saksham turned his attention away from the screen, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Aren't you supposed to be making dinner? And even if I wanted to cook, I'd only be able to make jerky. As for the hero fight, instead of being impressed, you should be disappointed."

Midnight, unfazed, set the plate down on the coffee table and smirked back at him. "Disappointed, huh? You have high standards. I suppose we all have room for improvement. But hey, if you think you can do better, you should've seen me in action. Dinner's ready now, though. Care to judge my cooking skills instead?"

With a playful wink, she nudged the plate towards him, clearly shifting the focus from the news report to the meal she'd prepared. Saksham took his seat at the table, eyeing the plate with a smirk.

"Well, I need to eat to judge the food," he teased, picking up his fork. "Should I expect it to be delicious since you made it?" His grin widened as he added, "And I want to ask, do all you heroes always fight alone?"

Midnight laughed lightly, taking a seat opposite him. "I'm sure you'll find it delicious, or at least I hope so! Cooking is one of my many skills." Her tone then became more thoughtful as she answered his question. "As for fighting alone, it's not always the case. Sometimes heroes team up, especially for bigger threats. But there are definitely times when heroes handle situations solo, either due to urgency or because it's a specialized task. Each hero has their own approach to dealing with villains. Why do you ask? Planning to give us some pointers?"