Chalter Seven

The Path To Wrath

The morning sun filtered through the trees, casting dappled light over the camp as the group began to stir from their slumber. Anakin was the first to awaken, his thoughts immediately turning to the task ahead. They had faced Gluttony and Lust, and now Wrath loomed before them.

Belle was already up, tending to the fire and preparing a simple breakfast. Anakin watched her for a moment, his mind still replaying the events from the Garden of Lust. Shaking off the lingering thoughts, he joined her by the fire, greeting her with a soft smile.

“Good morning,” he said, his voice still heavy with sleep.

“Morning,” Belle replied, handing him a piece of bread. “We’ll need to be well-fed before we start planning our next move.”

The rest of the group gradually joined them, each looking a bit more rested after the previous day’s reprieve. As they ate, the mood around the camp was more focused, the weight of their mission pressing down on them.

Once everyone had finished breakfast, Joshua cleared his throat, drawing the group’s attention. “We’ve got a difficult road ahead of us,” he began. “Wrath won’t be an easy opponent. We need to think strategically and prepare ourselves for anything.”

Dexter nodded in agreement. “Wrath is known for feeding off anger and aggression. We’ll need to keep our emotions in check, or we’ll be playing right into its hands.”

Anakin leaned forward, his expression serious. “I’ve been thinking about how we can approach this. We can’t let Wrath draw us into its game. If we remain calm and controlled, we might be able to weaken it.”

Belle looked at Anakin, her eyes searching his. “And if we do get angry? What then?”

Anakin hesitated for a moment, then answered, “We rely on each other to stay grounded. If one of us starts to lose control, the rest of us need to be there to pull them back.”

Joshua nodded approvingly. “It’s a solid plan. We’ve seen what happens when we don’t stick together. This time, we go in as a unit, and we don’t let anything divide us.”

The group spent the next hour discussing the details of their approach, considering every angle and potential challenge. They knew that Wrath would test them in ways they hadn’t yet experienced, but with each other’s support, they felt a growing sense of confidence.

As the final plans were set, Anakin looked around at his companions, feeling a surge of determination. They had come this far together, and they would see this mission through to the end.

“Let’s get ready,” he said, his voice steady. “We’re going after Wrath.”

The group gathered their supplies, each one silently preparing for the journey ahead. The path to Wrath’s domain was fraught with danger, and they all knew the challenges would be greater than anything they had faced before. Anakin led the way, his eyes focused and his thoughts centered on the task at hand.

As they ventured deeper into the forest, the atmosphere began to change. The air grew thicker, the trees more twisted, and a sense of unease settled over the group. The path was narrow, with jagged rocks jutting out from the ground, forcing them to tread carefully. Every sound seemed amplified—the rustle of leaves, the snap of twigs underfoot, and the distant growl of unknown creatures lurking in the shadows.

Belle walked beside Anakin, her hand resting on the hilt of her blade. “It feels different here,” she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Anakin nodded, his eyes scanning the surroundings. “Wrath’s presence is strong. It’s as if the forest itself is reacting to it.”

Dexter, who was a few steps behind them, added, “This is Wrath’s influence. The closer we get, the more intense it will become. We need to stay vigilant.”