Chapter Ten

The team approached the grand chamber with a mixture of determination and trepidation. Greed's lair was even more lavish than they had imagined, with golden artifacts and precious gems covering every surface. As they entered the chamber, Greed, seated on his opulent throne, looked up from his mountain of riches.

"Who dares intrude upon my sanctum?" Greed's voice boomed, echoing off the walls. His eyes, gleaming with an insatiable hunger, locked onto the intruders.

Anakin stepped forward, his expression steely. "We've come to put an end to your reign of avarice. Your time is over, Greed."

Greed's eyes widened with recognition as he took in Anakin's determined stance. A sardonic smile spread across his face. "Ah, so you're the infamous Anakin. I've heard much about you. The Angel of Death, they call you."

Anakin's brow furrowed in confusion. "The Angel of Death? Why do you refer to me by that title?"

Greed leaned back on his throne, his smile growing wider. "It's quite simple. The legend speaks of a warrior who brings death and ruin to those consumed by their own desires. You, Anakin, have proven yourself to be that very figure. Your presence alone has caused devastation and upheaval among those who dared to challenge you. You embody the very essence of death to those who are greedy, for you strip them of their most cherished possessions and ambitions."

Belle and Dexter exchanged uneasy glances, sensing the gravity of Greed's words. Anakin remained silent for a moment, processing the weight of the title and the implications it carried.

"I'm here to end your tyranny," Anakin said finally, his voice resolute. "Your reign of greed ends now. No more will you plague the world with your insatiable hunger."

Greed chuckled darkly. "Bold words, but actions speak louder. If you truly wish to confront me, you'll have to face the full extent of my power. Are you prepared for the consequences of challenging me?"

Anakin nodded, steeling himself for the inevitable conflict. "We're ready. Let's end this."

With that, the confrontation was set. The team braced themselves, ready to face Greed's cunning and the challenges that lay ahead.

As the confrontation reached its climax, the tension in the air was palpable. Anakin and his team stood firm, facing Greed as he rose from his throne, his form shimmering with dark energy. Greed's laughter echoed through the chamber, a sinister melody that made the ground tremble.

"Prepare yourselves," Greed declared, his voice dripping with malevolence. "You've come seeking to destroy me, but you will find that greed is not so easily vanquished."

With a sudden burst of movement, Greed leaped from his throne, summoning a cascade of gold and jewels that spiraled around him like a protective barrier. The treasure seemed to animate, transforming into grotesque creatures with sharp claws and malevolent eyes.

Belle and Dexter moved swiftly, taking position to fend off the minions created from Greed's wealth. Belle's sword sliced through the air, her movements precise and fluid, while Dexter's projectiles struck with unerring accuracy, targeting the creatures' weak points.

Anakin, meanwhile, faced Greed directly. The two locked eyes, and for a moment, it felt as if the world had narrowed to just the two of them. Greed's eyes glinted with a mix of admiration and contempt.

"You've grown stronger, Anakin," Greed said, his voice echoing with a dark amusement. "But strength alone will not be enough to defeat me."

Anakin gripped his sword tightly, its blade glowing with a fierce light. "We're not here just to fight. We're here to end your tyranny once and for all."