CHAPTER 11

Ashley's POV

As I reached home I parked my bike in garage. I walked through the garage door and inside the house and smelled food.

Mom's home? But it's so early.

Confused, I decided to walk into the kitchen and saw Alex and Sam cooking. Well Alex is a good cook but Sam...? I'm shocked that our house is not on fire by now.

"Sam's not cooking right?" I asked getting their attention to myself. I walked to them and stood in front of the kitchen that was separated from dinning area by a kitchen island, as it separated me from the boys.

"hey!" Sam said in anger. But it's a cute look on him, he's like a cute chubby angry bird.

Alex chuckled at him as he stirred something in the pan. "I just told him to get us juice from the fridge. Not letting him near flames. "

Alex commented as he turned to get something from the cabinet and shooed Sam away a little as he was in the way.

"yeah. Ash. Can you get Mason here from my room? I told him to come down but I thing he got himself busy in his homework. " Alex said and my eyes lighten up with happiness.

My brother in law is home!!!

" yes!"

Excitedly I jumped and started skipping to Alex's room happily. I knocked on the door and straight went in, with no permission. I don't need it and it's not like Masons gonna get angry at me.

Mason looked up from his books with a slightly startled look and sighed after seeing me. He smiled at me as he closed his book and laced them away.

"Hey Mace! "

"hello" he said embarrassingly , a blush covered his cheeks and he looked down shyly.

Awww he's so cute.

"Alex told me to get you. Let's go. " I told him and he nodded and looked at his books in question. "it will take time to cook food so bring them with you, we can both do our work while Alex makes us food. "

"Alex's making food?" he asked curiously as his cheeks were now a shade darker and I smirked. He's so transparent, I can look through his expressions, God knows how Alex hasn't seen them.

He has a crush on Alex. I can feel it. It shows in the way he talks.

Well even if Mason don't know bout him being mate with Alex , he'll surely know later, cause that's what mates usually feel. The feeling of liking someone.

"yup. Well actually me and Sam will burn everything if we went near the stove. We are trouble in kitchen. So it's mostly Alex and mom who usually cook for us, same goes for Dad, he can't even cook to safe his life. " I said a little embarrassed because this is not a good expression of me on my brother in law.

He giggled making me shyly smile and he collected his books as he walked with me downstairs. I stopped at the top step and watched Mason walk down. I suddenly felt strange , for a moment everything stopped as my heart clenched and I felt pain. A rush of sadness followed as a tear slipped my eye and I looked straight into nothingness.

"Ashley?"

"Huh?"

Mason called ,breaking me out of my trance as he looked at me with worry evident in his cute eyes.

I shook my head as I shrugged the feeling and wiped the tear with my sleeves. I smiled at him remembering what I was doing. The feeling never left, but because I didn't know the reason I let it go. I hopped down the stairs and jumped beside Mason who was waiting for me and we walked into the kitchen.