Eadric I

Bells ringed through London as the herald yells out "All hail his Grace King William the Conqueror, King of England and Duke of Normandy."

"Bastard" mumbled Eadric beneath his breath, frustrated that a few days ago William was their enemy, a foreign Invader but now he's their King.

He watched as his father was called up, the crowd quiet and tension grew as no one knew what to expect from the Earl of Northumbria.

"Godric, Earl of Northumbria, pledge your allegiance to the one true king and you will be able to retain your lands and titles."

Eadric looked at his father hoping he would not let them break him, but alas his father approached the king grabbing his hand and pledging his Loyalty to him.

his fists tightened angrily, thinking back to his older brother who was killed in the Battle of Hastings and how father had just forgotten about him or how his father forgot about the fact this is a foreigner but then was grabbed by the shoulder by Wulfric, his Guardian.

"Don't do anything stupid" said Wulfric to him.

"I wasn't going to" replied Eadric, knowing full well that he wanted to speak against this conquering Bastard.

Wulfric looked at him before looking back up and letting go of his shoulder, Eadric continued to watch as one by one the men he was told to respected and look up to, approach the King and fall on their knees. Then Herald called out the same phrase but with a different name.

Earl of Mercia, East Angelia, Wessex, Sussex, Kent, Cornwall, Essex and Hampshire.

As tensions grew the crowd went silent and you could hear the faintest whispers. William sat tall upon his throne encircled by shining Guards. Eadric scanned the room noticing some girls crying and some men looking down in defeat and holding on to their children tightly the tension was so intense that a knife could pierce through it. Although many only saw William as a Bastard but right now he was the one who sat the throne and held all the authority.

While Eadric scanned the room he overheard two boys mentioning Hasting, the place where his brother lost his life and the Rightful King his kingdom, He whispered over asking them what they were discussing.

"Forgive me, young master we were just discussing the battle at Hasting"

"Battle at Hasting?" Eadric questioned "And what about the battle?"

"Some say the Normans killed the people who were running and ran them down like they were animals to be butchered."

Eadric was stunned and wanted to ask more but before he could get more, Wulfric tapped him on his shoulder for him to pay attention as more and more Earls pledged their Allegiance to William.

The Archbishop in his white Attire and the Herald in a Blue Attire in the colour of Normandy and the banner of England with a red field and a golden dragon on it and the banner of Normandy with a red field and three golden lions on it hanging on the walls.

After the ceremony Eadric and His father walked back to the Horses in an deafening silence before Godric started speaking

"Eadric you must understand..."

"I understand very well, you're a traitor to your people. that Supposed King is no king of mine, he may wear the English crown and call himself the King of England but he isn't English he's a Norman."

"Seize your tongue immediately" His father looked around making sure no one heard.

"When I was fifteen I was an idiot but I knew when to keep my mouth shut, it would be best if you learned how to do that at least" Suggested his Father angrily.