11 | talk

[ sorry it's been a week and a half. was too consumed with my other twisters fics, and I hope Boone can forgive me ]

☆︎

THAT MUST MEAN YOU PREFER ME OVER JAVI.

THE LAST THING BOONE EXPECTED THAT NIGHT WAS A KNOCK ON HIS DOOR

THE LAST THING BOONE EXPECTED THAT NIGHT WAS A KNOCK ON HIS DOOR. Tyler was gone, after all, and he was usually the one that always kept Boone up late, the two best friends just talking the night away while drinking at whatever bar was closest to the motel they were staying at. But he got up nonetheless, not bothering to throw on a shirt as he answered the door.

Only to regret that and immediately go red when he saw Rio on the other side of the door.

Rio had been looking at her feet and started to speak, but she froze when she looked up. Boone looked good in practically nothing, she thought. He had a softly-defined torso that was all smooth and tanned skin. A pair of sweatpants hung low on his hips, Rio's always so sharp mind malfunctioning for just a moment.

When was the last time she'd seen someone shirtless?

Clearly, long enough to have her a bit flustered.

"Rio?" Boone asked, finally breaking the silence. "It's late. Everythin' alright?"

"No, yeah," she said, nodding her head before actually looking him in the eye. And if the way the corners of his lips turned up was anything to go by, he'd noticed her staring. It made her more nervous. "Um, well, Dani and Lily are still offerin' to share, but that couch ain't all that comfortable. And Dexter is sharing with Ben. I was, well, I thought that maybe you had some extra room. But it's fine if not! I can get a room so long as they aren't out—"

Her nervous rambling was cut off by Boone laughing. "It's fine, Rio. My bed's big enough for the both of us. Come on in."

She passed by him, and she took the time to lean down and kiss his cheek sweetly — she hoped he didn't mind that she was an inch taller.

Secretly, it was one of the things Boone already loved about her.

Then Rio was fully in the room, he actually noticed she was wearing one of Dexter's shirts and a pair of Lily's shorts that were impossibly short given her longer legs. Maybe if he was lucky, instead of her going to buy new clothes the next day, she'd simply ask for one of his shirts.

"Sorry about botherin' you. Hope you weren't asleep already," she said quietly.

"Naw," he said, standing there and not entirely sure what to do. It was like being in her motel room that night they had the pizza all over again, him not wanting to do anything to make her uncomfortable. "You, um, you care which side of the bed I take?"