12 | off day

[ this is NOT a smut chapter. I know it kinda follows the formula of some of my other smut chapters, but don't get your hopes up. it'll still be a few more chapters from now before they smash ]

☆︎

COULDA SHOWN OFF BY BAITING YOUR HOOK FOR YOU.

WHEN RIO WOKE, it was wrapped in Boone's strong arms, her head on his chest

WHEN RIO WOKE, it was wrapped in Boone's strong arms, her head on his chest. And he was already up based on the way his thumb was drawing nonsense shapes on her bare hip where the shirt she was in rode up in the night.

"Good morning," she said sleepily, turning in his arms to face him.

Boone hummed contently and couldn't help himself from leaning in, kissing her quickly, which made her smile. "Mornin'."

"Know where we're chasing today yet?" she asked.

"Nah, I think it's gone be a clear weather day," he said, sitting up and pulling her with him. "Yesterday was the big one."

Kate and Tyler had missed a large storm, one that the Wranglers didn't drive into. Lily settled for getting footage on her drone to show the fans as they drove behind the storm. Rio was thankful, as she wasn't near brave enough to go into a storm after what happened at the rodeo arena. She didn't want to get anywhere near a tornado for a while, and Boone understood that.

"Well, what are we supposed to do all day?"

"Well, Lily and Dex usually do educational videos on days like this. Maybe you could chime in with how tornados affect the environment. Viewers might eat that up," he said. "And then I figured I might drive around and take some pictures. Like to have some from every town we visit even if they aren't great."

"Stop that," she scoffed. "Your pictures are great, Boone. Mind if I come with you and watch?"

"I'd like that," he smiled before leaning down, kissing her again. She smiled into it, tangling her fingers in his long hair. "Maybe I can take some more of you."

"Hmm, only if I can take some of you," she said teasingly. "You're too handsome to stay behind the camera."

Boone's cheeks grew warm, not used to sweet compliments like that, especially when girls were always clamoring after Tyler.

"I'll think about it," he murmured. "But I figure we better get up for the day."

"Speaking of," she said, sounding a bit nervous all of the sudden. "Would you, um, mind if I borrowed a shirt or somethin'? I've still got Dani's jeans, but I really need to find a thrift store or something today."

A sort of pride warmed his heart, already picturing her in one of his shirts, it hanging off her shoulder. Preferably with nothing else on, but he'd settle for what he got.