15 | oh

[ SMUT WARNING! don't want it? don't read it.

also, no matter how big it is and how relieved you are from a near death experience, WRAP IT BEFORE YOU TAP IT. contraceptive pills don't protect against stds ]

☆︎

LET ME TOUCH YOU.

NOTHING FELT BETTER AFTER THAT DISASTROUS STORM than a hot shower and a change of clothes

NOTHING FELT BETTER AFTER THAT DISASTROUS STORM than a hot shower and a change of clothes. And though Kate had a room this time around, Rio still opted to crash with Boone, wanting to be close to him after he'd been nearly ripped from her grasp just like Addy had.

After they'd showered, both realized they had more scrapes and cuts from the flying debris than they thought. So, Rio sat a shirtless Boone down on his bed, being careful as she tended to them with bandages she bought from the convenience store down the street.

"Just glad we ain't as bad off as Kate," Boone was saying as she covered up a deep scratch on his shoulder with gauze. "That girl has a mighty awful concussion."

"Yeah, but Javi's gone watch over her tonight," she murmured. Then she smiled. "Think Tyler's jealous he ain't the one with her."

Boone chuckled as she finished up. "He'll get over it. He's always been such a baby when it comes to girls. Though I'd be pouting something horrible if I couldn't make sure you're okay."

"I am," she promised. "Though every time I move, I can feel a cut in my back if you'll check that out. Burned in the shower when the water hit it."

"You got it," he said, taking the supplies from her.

Then Rio turned around on the bed, and his breath caught in his throat when she pulled her shirt — his shirt — off, revealing a smooth back that wasn't covered by a bra. And he could see why. A shallow cut ran along her back, right below where a band would've agitated it.

Rio shyly held the fabric of the shirt to her chest, focusing on the wall as Boone got to work. His touch was impossibly gentle as he covered it with a large bandage. Then, her eyes closed as he leaned down, placing a soft kiss to the skin above it.

Letting himself get lost, Boone kissed up to her shoulder and neck. And then he began sucking on the skin beneath her jaw, earning a soft sigh from her.

"Boone," she murmured softly.

"Sorry," he said, pulling away. His nose gently pressed to the back of her shoulder. "Know you wanna take things slow."

She bit her lip and looked at him over her shoulder, a vulnerable look in her eyes. Because god, all she wanted was to feel every inch of Boone pressed up against her, proof that he was alive and safe and in her arms.