Part 20

I help her into my home and then I help bath her  and give some cloth clean clothes to wear. I make her some food. 

" so what has changed?" I ask my mum.

 " I-I just came to the realisation that alcohol is ruining my life and I just can't live this way anymore" she explains and I just nod. 

Not long after my mum fells asleep on the sofa so I get a blanket and cover her with it and then call the only person I could trust in this situation. 

Not long after there's a small knock on the door and I open it. 

" Thanks for coming" I say.    

" where is she?" a tired looking April asked as she walks in the house. 

" asleep on the sofa" I tell her and she nods and walks in the living room. 

" so, what should we do?" I ask 

" I mean, we can google and contact some rehab centres and see which one is best for her" she says 

" what if this is a shitty plan to come in my life and take what she needs to feed her addiction and then leaves" I say 

" I would say just been careful but I think she's serious this time Tay, she has never done this before" April says 

" I know" I say softy

" look I will stay tonight and then in the morning I will get cover for you, take a day emergency holiday and get her shorted" she says and I just nod.  Not long after me and April get into bed and go to sleep, not that I slept much. I just kept thinking my mum will run away during the night. 

I get woken up by my alarm and I hear April groan, I turn off the alarm and head down the stairs. I see my mum still asleep on the sofa, she seems clammy and in discomfort but I think that's just the withdraws from the alcohol. I stand in the door way and watch her for a moment. 

" she will be fine" April says from behind me, obviously catching on my concern. 

 " come, let her sleep. Let's go into the kitchen and do what needs to be done" April says.

We go into the kitchen and I make me and April some coffee as April set up her laptop. 

" right, I have put you on an emergency holiday so you can get everything done and I have just email mum and dad to let them know why" April explains as I place her coffee in front of her

" thank you" I say 

We search for rehab centres , we find a few and I will show them to my mum later. I go and get dressed whilst April makes breakfast and then not long after my mum wakes up. 

" morning" I smile 

" morning Ladies" she smiles. 

" come sit, breakfast is done" April smiles at her and my mum nods and sits.

"coffee?" April asked. 

" have you got tea, I'm not really a fan of coffee" my mum asked 

" sure" April smiles and proceeds to make my mum a cup of tea. 

 " right, I have to leave, call me later?" April says and kisses my cheek. 

" alright" I say and April leaves. 

" girlfriend" my mum asked 

" no mum, that's April" I chuckle

" what, no way" my mum says in shock. 

" yeah" I chuckles 

 " bloody hell, she's all grown up now" my mum says and I try and remember the last time my mum actually saw April. 

" do you mind if I take another shower, I woke up all sweaty" she asked 

" yeah, of course. I will get you some clothes" I say.

I go into my bedroom and find my mum some clothes and lay them out on the bed for her and I get her a clean towel. 

" here, clean towel and there's fresh clothes laid out on my bed" I tell her and she nods. 

" thank you, Taylor" she says and walks into the bathroom.  

As I wait for my mum to shower I get up all the rehab centres me and April found earlier so my mum can look and choose one. 

I wait until my mum is done and we chill for a bit, I let her relax because I know this is a big step for my mum and I don't want to overwhelm her with everything at once. We are watching tv and I was planning to talk to her a bit later over dinner about rehab but she took the first step. 

" were you and April looking at rehab centres" she asked 

" uh, yeah we found some that might suit you" I tell her. 

" can I see?" she asked 

" yeah, of course" I say and I grab my laptop and move a little closer to her and we go through around five different centres. 

" this one looks pretty cool" she says and point to one. I reopen the tab and we look through it. 

" it's a bit pricy, maybe I should look at somewhere else" she says 

" don't worry about the price, mum. I have it sorted" I tell her and she just nods. 

" so this one?" I ask 

" yeah" she smiles 

" alright, I'll give them a call" I say and I get my phone and call the centre. About half an hour later everything is all set. 

" okay, all set I can take you when ever you are ready" I tell her. 

" can we go now, I'd rather just get it over and done with rather then sit around and long it out" she says 

" yeah, sure. I will take you home first to get you some clothes and things that yo will need" I tell her and my mum just nods. 

I drive us to my mums house and then we pack some stuff up and then we drive to the rehab centre. 

" I'm proud of you for doing this" I tell her and I see emotion in her greens eyes that I haven't seen for years. 

I park up the rehab centre, as we walk up to the doors a sliver ford parks up near us, I notice my mum look at it and then look at me. 

" I can't do this" she says and she runs towards the car. 

" mum, wait" I call and chase after her but she was too quick and she gets into the car and the car speeds off. 

fuck!