Part 60

" the fuck" I say and I look at them 

" can we come in?" Joe asked

" uh, yeah" I say and Joe and Becky walk through the door 

" Tay, whats going on" Alessia comes out the bedroom

" Becky and Joe are here" I tell her and she nods and goes back into the bedroom. 

Becky and Joe sit down on the sofa and I sit opposite them. 

" the fuck is going on?" I ask 

" sorry, I didn't know where else to go" Joe says 

" do you want to explain or should I" Joe asked Becky 

" can you" Becky asked in a shaky voice. 

" so, Becky called me because she needed to get out of her house because her stepdad got drunk and violent. I went and got her but I can't take her back to mine because I have no room and the girl so I brought her here" Joe explains. 

I immediately sympathise with Becky because I know all too well what is it like to have an drunk, abusive parent and maybe that's why he brought her here.

" uh, okay. Sure, stay here" I say, it's all I can say really, I can't turn her away. 

Alessia walks in the livingroom and her face drops when she see's Becky face. 

" what happened" Alessia asked and Joe explains again. 

" I'll get something for the cuts" Alessia says and disappears. Alessia comes back not long after and helps Becky clean her face. 

Joe stays for a bit and then leaves to go home. Alessia is still packing and me and Becky are in the livingroom talking about what happened and how she can go about this.

" I'm sorry for intruding your home, thank you for helping" Becky says 

" don't be sorry, just know your safe here" I tell her

" and you can stay for as along as you need" Alessia says walking into the livingroom. 

" you all packed?" I ask Alessia as she sits next to me 

" yeah, finally" she huffs  

  We lay on the sofa and watch a film and then we get Becky settled in the guest room, again Becky was very thankful and apologetic to us even though we keep telling her it's fine.

I get woken up by Alessia's alarm that goes off at 4am. I groan and sit up. 

" you don't have to get up, Y'know" she says 

" I want to see you before you go" I tell her and she just nods tiredly. 

I lay in bed as Alessia gets ready and then I walk to the door. 

" look after her, your the best person for her to be around right now. You know what's she's going through" Alessia says as we walk past the room Becky's currently sleeping in. 

" I will" I tell her

"  good. I love you" she says and kisses me

" love you too" I tell her and watch her as she jumps in her uber and drives off. I close the door and get back in bed for a few hours. 

I wake up with a stretch and then turn off my alarm and then get out of bed and do my morning routine. 

As I put on the kettle to make myself a coffee, Becky walks into the kitchen still half a sleep, her ginger hair is messy and she's still in her night wear. 

" morning" I smile at her 

" hey" she says giving me a small, weak smile. 

" how did you sleep?" I ask 

" I mean the bed was comfortable but I kept reliving the whole thing every time I went to sleep so I kept waking up" she explains and I feel sorry for her. 

" I can give you the day off if you want, you can stay here and get some rest" I suggest 

" No thank you" she shakes her head.

" if I stay here by myself I will just sit it and overthink everything, at least if I'm working I got something to keep my mind off it" she says 

" I get that" I say as I know exactly what she means  

" uh, I forgot to pack a towel in my rushed state, do you mind if I used on of yours" she asked shyly 

" uh, yeah here" I say and I show her where the towels are kept and she goes off to shower and I make breakfast. 

Me and Becky arrive at work, Becky got questioning looks from the rest of the team but I told Becky to ignore it and carry on with her day. 

 It's been a few days, Becky has gone out with her boyfriend and some friends so I go and visit Emma and Simon, to my surprise April is here too. 

Me and April are sitting on the sofa whilst Emma and Simon are cooking,

" hows Becky doing?" April asked 

" yeah good, I think she's finally settled" I say 

" who's Becky" Emma asked walking in the livingroom. 

" my side bitch for when Alessia travels" I joke, April chuckles and Emma just rolls her eyes

" Becky works for us, she's having some trouble at home so she's been staying with me and Alessia" I explain 

" oh, what happened" Simon asked 

" drunk, abusive step-dad" I simply say  

" why are you getting involved with that?" Emma asked 

" I didn't really have a choice, Joe brought her to me because he thought I'd be the best person to help her because of what I went through with mum" I explain and Emma nods.  

" so why are you here, shouldn't you be at home with Becky?" Emma asked

" she's out and the house is too quiet" I chuckle

" you need a dog" Emma chuckles

" or a child" April chimes in

"we want a dog but we don't have the time for one, Less is traveling at least once a week and I'm constantly working" I say 

" and a baby" April says and I roll my eyes

" still debating that one" I say 

" you changed your mind about marriage" Simon says 

" I know" I shrug 

We all sit down and see and it feels good to see my family, it feels like I haven't seen them for a long time.

I get home and change and the house is quiet and empty so I know Becky isn't home yet so I get into bed and put the tv on and scroll through my phone.