Unexpected

Summary: Bucky maybe kinda sorta gets jealous of a person leaving things at your door (terrible summary im sorry lmao idk what to write)

Notes: I found another Bucky stan on my tt!!! We are friends now and shall talk about sebass stan forever. READ ON!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe people actually fall for these kinds of things," Bucky scoffs, flicking one of the drooping petals on the flower arrangement. "Ridiculous, right?"

He looks over at Sam, wanting some kind of backup from his partner, only to receive a shrug in response. Bucky rolls his eyes, having flowers delivered to the compound seemed so overplayed in his mind.

"No self respecting woman could actually want to date someone who outsources something like giving flowers." Bucky mutters, his fingers itch to look at the card to see who they're from. And more importantly, who they're for.

"Can't say I agree with you on this one Buck," Sam leans back on the conference room chair, waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. "Flower delivery is a normal thing in the modern world, not that I expected you to know. You're not exactly the romantic type."

He tries to not let Sam's comment bug him, but it does. A lot. Back when he was alive the first time, Bucky was over the top. So over the top that some women's knees physically buckled when they saw his gifts and acts of love. Sure, some of the things he only did to get into their pants but who cares, they were romantic nonetheless.

Bucky tries to concentrate on your detailed plan for the mission but he's done this a thousand times and could quite possibly complete this recon mission in his sleep and more importantly, the flower debacle is still present. The plastic vase sitting in the middle of the conference table taunts him. The folded card underneath it was basically begging for him to take a look.

He lingers after the meeting, saying some excuse about wanting to look over the documents when really, his curiosity is what's keeping him seated.

In his defense, your floor of the compound rarely gets any deliveries, let alone "romantic" ones. At least what people now think is romantic. Apart from Sam, himself and you, the other people on the floor are either married or forever alone. Leave the cheesy displays of affection for the lower level agents, the ones who still get the hots from one look.

Bucky looks both ways, making sure no one catches him as he slips the card from under the vase and reads it.

Thought of you today. Have a nice week.

"Nice week? What a loser." Bucky blows raspberries, throwing the card back on the table.

"Can I help you with something, Barnes?" Bucky jumps up in his spot as he hears your voice coming from behind him.

"Just reading this extensive report," Bucky lifts up the corners of the papers. "Great to know you have so much spare time."

To say you and Bucky have a complicated relationship is an understatement. You think he's a reckless agent that gets away with everything just because he was Captain America's friend and he thinks that you aren't reliable on the field because you second guess everything. Match made in heaven, right? Not a single mission you've been on has resulted in the two of you being civil. It always ends with a catfight and both of you trying to one up the other one.

"I don't have time for this. Right now all I want is to go home and get some rest before we have to leave in a couple of days." You roll your eyes, picking up some of the extra copies for the other agents you're taking on the mission before grabbing the flowers from the table.