[Chapter - 02]

Lorenzo

There is nothing that I hate more than disrespect and traitors. And I can already sense, that the lunatic slumped on the chair will do so much worse.

"So, what are you going to do with her?"
I watch her through the camera, the only thing beside her in the concrete room.

My hand is tugged in my pocket while the other runs over my jaw.
I've already had it planned out as soon as I caught her.

I wanted to kill her, but after seeing what she does in person, it's not a chance I would want to waste.

I'm sure I only saw a glimpse of what she's capable of. Killing them with such ease is impressive, but not convincing enough for him.

"I need her to talk." I start, my eyes not leaving her unconscious body.
"Her family is up to something." My attention shifts to the man standing beside me, his gaze fixated on her. Only it's not curiosity, but pure hatred.

"She killed our friends, Lorenzo." He spits.
"Your friends." I state, bored. I couldn't care less about those idiots.

"Right," His fists curls beside his large frame. "all you care about is that she slipped through your security and was able to kill your employees."

I start to debate with myself. He's right, I hate that she could go unnoticed under my roof.
He's only stating the facts, because he knows I won't hurt him.

We've been partners for too long to let a woman get inbetween us. Much less one we both want dead.

"Fine, if we make no use for her, she's yours to kill." He nods once, a strand of his black hair landing on his eyebrow, almost matching his dark eyes.
Asher doesn't like to kill, until he thinks they're worthy of it.

I, on the other hand, enjoy it. Perhaps the first and only thing me and this girl have in common.

My head snaps down to the monitor as I hear shuffling. I watch as she shifts uncomfortably, slowly regaining consciousness.

She's awake.

"Shouldn't she be out for three more hours?" Asher beside me speaks out my exact thoughts. I injected the serum an hour and eleven minutes ago, she should be sleeping another two hours and forty-nine minutes. How is she already awake?

"Maybe we should draw some blood and examine it for something supernatural." I shoot him a look. He can't be serious for once.

He raises his hands, "Oh come on, it's not just what we've seen of her skills. Look at her." he says defensive, tilting his head to the screen. I surely know what he's talking about.

The silky dark hair and dense eyebrows perfectly match her heart shaped pink lips. Her head is resting on her shoulder, which gives me a perfect look of her sharp jawline and straight nose.

No sane man could deny her extraordinary beauty. A beauty that the world cannot bear.

Yet, even with the softness of her resting face, the heavy atmosphere around her doesn't seem to vanish.

"Not close enough to my Sophia though." Asher interrupts my observation, more talking to himself now.

I exhale a long breath as she finally sits up straight, and her eyes scan the room. Her brain is probably trying to put together the pieces. And just when it finally does, her gaze instantly darkens.