Ch37

(Warnings for mentioning of scars and wounds.)

                                                         Part 4 Day-Night

The thudding of footsteps down the familiar hall echoed as hushed whispers and wide eyes watched the woman walked down the polished floors. As battle scared as she was beautiful. 

However none dated approach her.

The looming figure of the Lord Tsugikuni behind her falling in time with her steps. He looked at her with a strange mix up on his face. Adoration. Lovestruck. Happily in bliss. Yet still longing. Some sadness. Maybe frustration. Whatever the case was he walked with a purpose. If she tried to bolt, it'd be easy to catch her. His hands twitched at just the mere thought of holding her in his arms. Lovingly this time. Without trying to keep her from leaving him or trying to save her from the dangers of life. To feel her warmth against him and watch as her lashes fluttered at him in adoration. 

But if he so much as tried to hold her hand, she'd have no problems with just whirling around and decking him across the face. She had the strength to do damage too. He remembered that from the carriage ride here and her small body was stronger than most people would assume. And she'd only resist and hate him even more. He didn't want that.

He just wanted her to love him.

"Doctor Shinobu should be this way-"

"I know where she is," you bluntly cut him off as he gestured a hand towards the left. "I've been here before."

Her tone caused a nearby maid to drop the cloth she was using to polish a vase as they walked by. The shock of the tone used to A Lord Tsugikuni that would otherwise render someone's tongue to be ripped from their mouths was unheard of. Especially from a mere woman who did nothing but rudely ignore the tall man still following her like a lovesick guard dog. However neither paid her or anyone else any attention as she turned the corner sharply with a faster pace as if hoping to lose the man easily keeping up with her.

No such luck however if that was what she was trying to do.

She blatantly ignored him even up to the familiar door you've seen before. Just staring at it for a long moment. This is where your secret first got out. About you being a woman in  the middle of fighting a war. Perhaps that was the moment everything began unraveling and was what had doomed you to such a fate. The trail of thought was interrupted by a calm voice you couldn't help but find annoying. 

"If you're nervous, I'll knock on the door for you," he kindly offered with a small smile to his face.

All he got in return was a scowl from you before you just slid the door back with a loud noise and marched in without him. The sudden noise startled two women inside into nearly dropping the herbs they were grounding into a medical ointment and both just stared at you as you walked in and the fact Yoriichi was silently right behind you. Both women stared still as you guiltily looked at the ground.. before red eyes looked back up to them.