𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

In a dimly lit office, shadows clung to the corners and the faint glow of a single desk lamp cast a muted light over the room. An old man, in his sixties, reclined in an opulent leather chair that seemed to swallow him in its grandeur. The chair's deep, rich color contrasted with the pallor of his age-worn face. His eyes, sharp and calculating, scanned the two figures standing before him. The figures, dressed in somber attire, stood rigidly with their gazes lowered and arms bent behind their backs, creating a stark contrast with the luxurious surroundings. The atmosphere was tense, laden with unspoken words and the weight of their deferential stance.

"Jungkook, there is no room left for argument," Jeon Haneul said firmly, his deep voice resonating with finality. "We've discussed this thoroughly before, and I don't want to hear any more. The matter is closed."

"But, Dad, I don't want anyone keeping me safe," Jungkook argued, his voice tinged with frustration. "I'm a grown man, and I don't need a rude and arrogant person to protect me." He glared at the man standing beside him, clearly irritated by his presence.

"Behave, Jungkook," Jeon Haneul said sternly. "I know you're a grown man, but you aren't trained. My rivals are aware that you're my son, and Taehyung is my loyal man. I trust him completely. He is the only one who can protect you."

"I'm a university student, Dad," Jungkook muttered angrily, clutching his shirt tightly. "You know how much trouble this will be for me-living with a stranger just because he'll keep me safe from your so-called rivals."

"DON'T FORGET WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO, JEON JUNGKOOK!" Jeon Haneul shouted, his voice booming as he slammed his hand on the table. He stood up abruptly, causing both men to flinch at his sudden outburst.

"I KNOW I'M TALKING TO A MAFIA WHO HAPPENS TO BE MY FATHER!" Jungkook shouted back, his voice trembling with anger. "YOU'RE ALWAYS COMMANDING EVERYONE AROUND. MAMA TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES TO LEAVE THIS LIFE, BUT YOU NEVER LISTENED. BECAUSE OF YOU, DAD, MAMA DIED!"

"Because of me, huh? You're accusing me of your mother's death?" Jeon Haneul's voice rose angrily. "I did everything to protect both of you. And now, you're shouting at me, blaming me for her death?"

"So, Dad, your rivals killed Mom even though she had nothing to do with this damn mafia world. If that's the case, let me die too. Why are you trying to keep me safe, just to use me in your mafia world?" Jungkook muttered, gritting his teeth in frustration.

Jeon Haneul slapped Jungkook hard, causing him to stumble from the force of the blow.

Taehyung, who had been watching the heated argument between father and son, stepped between them just as Jeon Haneul raised his hand to slap Jungkook again.

"Boss, calm down," Taehyung said firmly. "I'll make Jungkook understand."

Jungkook scoffed and muttered, "Now you'll make me understand, huh? Mind your own business, you fucking Kim Taehyung."

Jeon Haneul slapped Jungkook again,his face twisted in fury. "JEON JUNGKOOK," he shouted,his voice thunderous."DARE TO UTTER ONE MORE WORD FROM YOUR FUCKING MOUTH, AND I'LL SEW YOUR DAMNN TONGUE TO YOUR PALATE.YOU ARE STAYING WITH TAEHYUNG IN HIS HOUSE UNTIL I HAVE THIS SITUATION UNDER CONTROL.DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

Jungkook gritted his teeth, his jaw clenched tightly as he balled his fists in frustration. He knew there was nothing he could do against his father's authority and that he had no choice but to obey. With a deep, angry breath, he muttered through gritted teeth, "Fine, do whatever you want." Turning sharply, Jungkook stormed out of the office, slamming the door behind him in a final act of defiance.

"Taehyung, I'm placing the responsibility for my son in your hands," Jeon Haneul said firmly. "I trust you completely. You need to protect him and ensure his safety until this situation is under control."

"Yes, Boss, you don't have to worry," Taehyung said with a firm nod, his voice steady and reassuring. "I understand the gravity of the situation and I will make sure to protect Jungkook with everything I have. You have my word that I will keep him safe and ensure that nothing happens to him while he's under my care."

Taehyung's eyes met Jeon Haneul's with a look of determination and respect. He knew the responsibility placed on him was significant, but he was prepared to face it head-on. After a final, respectful bow, he turned on his heel and exited the office. The weight of his promise settled heavily on his shoulders as he stepped into the hallway, ready to take on the challenge ahead.

ᝰ.ᐟ