𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm golden hue over the campus, Jungkook gathered his belongings, preparing to leave for the day. He was tired, both physically and emotionally, and the events of the previous night still weighed heavily on his mind. Lost in thought, he didn't notice the sleek black car pulling up outside the university gates until it honked softly.

Jungkook looked up, surprised to see Taehyung's familiar figure leaning against the car, a small smile playing on his lips. Taehyung straightened up when he saw Jungkook approach.

"Ready to go?"Taehyung asked, his voice gentle but laced with an underlying firmness.

Jungkook nodded curtly, his demeanor distant. "I didn't ask you to pick me up,"he muttered, not meeting Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung's jaw tightened slightly, but he chose not to engage in an argument. "I know, but I wanted to. I told you I'm not letting you go alone anymore."

"Come on," Taehyung said warmly, his voice like a soothing balm to Jungkook's frayed nerves. "Let's go home."

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, his heart fluttering unexpectedly at the word 'home.' He nodded and slid into the car, feeling a strange sense of comfort settle over him. As Taehyung closed the door and walked around to the driver's side, Jungkook allowed himself a small smile. There was something undeniably reassuring about Taehyung's presence, something he hadn't fully acknowledged until now.

The drive was peaceful, the city's lights flickering past them as they traveled. Jungkook found himself relaxing into the plush seat, his earlier tension slowly melting away.

As they drove through the city, the silence stretched on until Taehyung finally spoke, his voice softer this time. "How was your day?"

Jungkook shrugged, still looking out the window. "Fine," he replied shortly, offering nothing more.

Taehyung exhaled quietly, resisting the urge to press further. Instead, he decided on a different approach. "I was thinking...maybe we could do something together tonight. Something you enjoy. What do you think?"

Jungkook glanced at him, his expression skeptical. "Like what?"

Taehyung smiled slightly, sensing a small crack in the wall Jungkook had built around himself. "Anything you want. We could go out, watch a movie, or just stay in and talk. I just want to spend time with you."

Jungkook frowned, not expecting the sudden shift in Taehyung's demeanor. His initial instinct was to reject the offer, but something in Taehyung's eyes made him hesitate. There was a sincerity there, a vulnerability that he hadn't noticed before.

"I don't know," Jungkook finally replied, his voice softer, though still guarded. "Maybe."

Taehyung's smile widened slightly, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "That's all I'm asking for."

Taehyung glanced over at Jungkook, his eyes filled with a warmth that made Jungkook's heart skip a beat.

Jungkook nodded, not trusting his voice to speak without revealing the emotions swirling inside him. Taehyung's concern for him was evident in the way he drove slower, taking turns gently as if he didn't want to jostle Jungkook further.

Without thinking, Jungkook turned his head to gaze at Taehyung, his eyes tracing the strong line of his jaw, the way his hands gripped the steering wheel with such care. There was something different in the way Taehyung was treating him-something tender, almost protective.

When they arrived at Taehyung's mansion, Taehyung parked the car and turned off the engine, sitting there for a moment in comfortable silence. Then, as if sensing Jungkook's need for reassurance, he reached over and placed his hand over Jungkook's, his thumb gently brushing against his knuckles.