𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The car pulled up to the familiar gates of Jungkook's family mansion, the heavy metal doors creaking open as the vehicle approached. Jungkook's heart pounded as he took in the sight of the grand estate. It was a place filled with memories, both happy and painful. But now, as he stepped out of the car and onto the driveway, it felt alien and cold, stripped of the warmth it once held.

He walked up the steps and entered through the heavy wooden doors, the creak of the hinges echoing through the silent halls. The usual bustle and laughter of his parents' home were gone, replaced by an oppressive silence that seemed to weigh down on him, making every step feel like a laborious effort. The mansion, once vibrant with life and laughter, now felt hollow and empty, its grandeur overshadowed by an overwhelming sense of loss.

Jungkook made his way through the mansion, his footsteps muted against the marble floors. He reached his bedroom, a room that had always been a sanctuary for him. The familiar sight of his personal belongings, the neatly arranged furniture, and the untouched bed made the room feel both comforting and unbearably empty. The room had been preserved exactly as he had left it, a stark reminder of how much had changed while he had been away.

He sat down on the edge of his bed, his mind racing with memories of his parents and the life he once had. He picked up a framed photograph from the nightstand, a picture of his parents smiling at a family gathering. The image, now tainted by their absence, brought a fresh wave of grief crashing over him.

Unable to bear the weight of the sorrow any longer, Jungkook stood up and headed toward the door of his parents' room, a room he had avoided since their passing. The door creaked open with a mournful groan, revealing a space that seemed to have frozen in time. The room was filled with their belongings, untouched since the day they had left. The bed was neatly made, the furniture meticulously arranged, and the air was thick with the scent of memories.

Jungkook stepped inside, his eyes scanning the room, each detail a painful reminder of what he had lost. He felt a lump forming in his throat as he approached his parents' bed, where they had spent their final days. He sank to his knees beside it, the overwhelming sense of grief finally breaking free as tears began to stream down his face.

He buried his face in his hands, sobbing uncontrollably as the pain of their loss hit him with full force. The tears came in waves, each one carrying with it the weight of his regrets, his fears, and his heartache. He cried for the life that had been taken from him, for the love that had been lost, and for the future that now seemed so uncertain.

As he cried, Jungkook felt a profound sense of loneliness, the kind that only comes from losing those who had been his anchors in life. The mansion, with its empty rooms and silent halls, felt like a tomb, a place where memories lingered like ghosts, haunting him with their absence.

The sun dipped lower in the sky, casting long shadows across the room. Jungkook's sobs gradually quieted, replaced by a deep, aching emptiness. He remained on his knees beside the bed, his face wet with tears, his body trembling with the residual grief.

Eventually, he forced himself to stand, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. He looked around the room one last time, a silent farewell to the life he had known and the parents he had loved. With a heavy heart, he left the room, closing the door softly behind him.

Jungkook wandered through the mansion, trying to find some semblance of comfort in the familiar surroundings. But the warmth and joy that had once filled these walls were gone, leaving him with nothing but echoes of the past and the stark reality of his new life.

The mansion was his, but it no longer felt like home. It was a place of memories and sorrow, a reminder of everything he had lost.

Jungkook entered his room, the door clicking shut behind him with a somber finality. The space that had once been his sanctuary now felt cold and distant, lacking the warmth and familiarity it once held. The memories of his parents, their laughter and presence, seemed to be just echoes in the vast emptiness of the mansion.