𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

“What the hell,” Jungkook murmured to himself as he entered the mansion, his voice tinged with frustration. “They’re all stalking me like I’m a toddler or a kindergarten student, as if I’ll get lost. Why did Dad have to make me stay here with his so-called trustworthy man?”

He glanced around, noting the unusual silence that pervaded the mansion. “Where are the servants?” he asked aloud, his doe eyes scanning the emptiness. The absence of the usual bustle and activity made him uneasy, and he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was amiss.

No one is here except me and you,” a deep, husky voice came from behind.

Jungkook turned around sharply to face Taehyung, who stood with a smirk on his face. The sight of Taehyung’s self-assured expression only heightened Jungkook’s unease.

“What do you mean by no one is in the mansion except you and me?” Jungkook demanded, his voice tinged with anxiety. “Where are the servants and other workers?” His eyes darted around, searching for any sign of activity, but the eerie silence only deepened his concern.

“I told them to leave, so they left,” Taehyung said smoothly, his smirk widening. “Now it’s just us here to spend time together. No one will trouble us.” His tone was casual, almost as if he were trying to downplay the situation, but his eyes gleamed with a hint of something more sinister.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, trying to maintain a facade of confidence as he started walking upstairs towards his room. His steps were brisk, determined to retreat from the unsettling atmosphere. However, he was abruptly halted when Taehyung gripped his wrist tightly, spinning him around to face him.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Taehyung’s voice was firm, his gaze intense as he held Jungkook in place.

“Obviously to my room,” Jungkook muttered, his frustration evident. “Or where? Now let me go.” He tried to pull his wrist free, his eyes flashing with irritation as he looked up at Taehyung.

Without uttering a word, Taehyung began dragging Jungkook towards a different part of the mansion. Jungkook struggled briefly, trying to resist, but Taehyung's grip was unyielding. They moved down a series of corridors, the silence around them heavy with tension.

Taehyung led Jungkook to a door that was tucked away in a more secluded part of the mansion. He unlocked it with a key, pushing it open to reveal a well-furnished, but isolated room. The space was furnished with a bed, a few chairs, and a large window, but it lacked the usual personal touches that might make it feel like a home.

“Welcome,” Taehyung said coldly, gesturing for Jungkook to enter. “This is where you’ll be staying from now on.” The tone in Taehyung's voice made it clear that there was no room for discussion.

“H—here? What do you mean?” Jungkook stammered, his voice trembling with confusion and fear. “L—let me go to my room. Are you kidding me?” He tried to pull away, his eyes wide as he struggled to understand why Taehyung was leading him to this unfamiliar space.

Taehyung’s expression remained impassive as he looked at Jungkook, unbothered by the younger man's distress. “This is your room now,” he said firmly, ignoring Jungkook’s protests. “Your previous room was too close to mine. I don’t want any interruptions.”

Jungkook’s face flushed with a mix of anger and embarrassment. “This is ridiculous!” he shouted, trying to yank his wrist free. “I’m not staying here. I want to go back to my room!”

Taehyung’s grip tightened, his gaze unwavering. “I’ve made arrangements for your safety and comfort. You don’t have a choice in this matter.” He pushed Jungkook gently into the room, his voice cold and authoritative. “Consider this a precaution. Now, you can either cooperate or make things more difficult for yourself.”

Jungkook stumbled inside, glaring at Taehyung. “Why are you doing this? What’s your game?” he demanded, his voice cracking with frustration.

Taehyung stepped back, closing the door behind him with a click. “My game?” he echoed with a hint of amusement. “You’ll understand soon enough. For now, just follow the rules. If you don’t, things will only get more complicated.”

Jungkook slammed his fist against the door, but it remained firmly shut. The realization that he was trapped began to sink in, and he sank onto the edge of the bed, feeling a mix of fear and resentment.

Taehyung’s patience wore thin as he saw Jungkook’s defiance. His expression darkened, and he stepped closer, his voice low and edged with anger. “Enough of this. I’m trying to keep you safe, and this is how you repay my efforts? By acting like a spoiled child?”

Jungkook recoiled at the intensity of Taehyung’s voice, his bravado faltering. “I don’t need your protection. I just want to be left alone!”

Taehyung’s eyes flashed with anger. “You think you understand what you need? You’re in no position to make demands. If I weren’t keeping an eye on you, you’d be in much greater danger. Your father trusts me to protect you, and that’s what I’m going to do, whether you like it or not.”

Jungkook’s fear and frustration boiled over as he clutched his phone, his voice wavering. “D… Dad, I’ll call Dad! He’ll scold you for caging me here. You can’t do this!”

Taehyung's expressions hardened as he stepped back into the room ,his eyes cold and unyielding.He reached out and snatched Jungkook's phone from his trembling hands.

"You dad won't be receiving any calls,"Taehyung said,his voice low and menacing."He's dead.I killed him."

Jungkook's face went pale,his eyes widening in shock and horror ;"No...no, that's not true," he stammered, backing away from Taehyung. "You are lying!"

Taehyung's gaze remained unflinching as he held up the phone ,a cruel smile playing at the corners of his mouth."It's very true.Your father is gone,and now you are under my control.You can't call him for help because he's no longer here to save you"

Jungkook's knees buckled,and he sank down  onto the bed,his mind racing as he tried to process the devasting news.The realization that his father was dead and that he was completely at Taehyung's mercy hit him like a torn of bricks.

Taehyung watched him with a mixture of satisfaction and detachment."This is your new reality.You are going to stay here,follow the rules,and accept that I am the one in charge There's no one left to protect you except me"

Taehyung turned on his heel, leaving the room with a final, decisive look at Jungkook. He walked to the door and locked it from the outside, the click of the lock echoing ominously in the quiet room.

Jungkook, now alone, sat on the bed with his head in his hands, the weight of Taehyung’s revelation sinking in. The finality of the locked door and Taehyung’s words left him feeling trapped and hopeless, the reality of his new situation becoming painfully clear.

ᝰ.ᐟ