Chapter VI

A/N:

I don't own anything except for my OC. High School DxD was created and owned by Ichiei Ishibumi. Please enjoy, vote, and comment if you want.

Chapter VI: I Will Get Stronger

When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he noticed that the subway was completely different from the rest of the dungeon.

It was completely overrun with overgrown vegetation, and the tracks were filled with murky water. The air was thick with a musty smell, and he could hear a faint plop of water droplets echoing in the distance. "Heh. Really really see why this dungeon is called a marsh." Jun jokes.

As he cautiously made his way through the cross station, he saw waves and ripples in the water. Jun gripped his sword tightly, ready for whatever may emerge from the murky depths. Suddenly, he heard something slithering in the water from deeper inside the tunnel tracks.

Something bursts out of the water, whipping Junwoo away and sending it crashing into the damp, moss-covered wall. He left a small crater in the wall from the impact, groaning as he fell to the ground. Junwoo slowly got up, his heart pounding in his chest, and a line of blood left his mouth as he lifted his sword.

It was snapped in half from the force of the impact. 'My sword?!' He exclaimed in shock in his mind, and then the sword puffed into smoke and disappeared. "Seriously?" Junwoo's eyes widened in disbelief as he snapped his head around to see what had attacked him.

A wave of water exploded out of the railway tracks as a massive sea serpent emerged. It was a large, menacing cobra with glowing amber eyes, blue scales, and a long, black-forked tongue. A nameplate appeared: [The King of the Swamp: Blue-Fanged Kasaka].

Jun waited for the crystal, and he mentally begged and prayed, 'What shade's the crystal? God, please be light, please be light, please be light!' The crystal appeared, and it was a strong red crimson, much to Jun's dismay. "Shit!" He cursed under his breath, knowing what that meant.

"I swear, if this is the boss, then the system is on some bullshit," he growled as he wiped the trail of blood off his lip. Kasaka slowly slithered closer, his eyes fixed on Jun with a predatory gaze, and slinked his forked tongue out, tasting the air with a hiss.

The serpent lunged at Jun, his sharp blue fangs gleaming in the dim light of the cave. Jun barely had time to react, dodging to the side just in time as Kasaka's fangs snapped shut where he had been standing.

Jun scrambled to his feet and ran down the platform as Kasaka burrowed into the ground. While he was running, he felt his instincts yelling for him to jump forward. Jun trusted his gut and leaped just as Kasaka burst out of the ground behind him, narrowly avoiding the serpent's deadly strike.

He crashed onto the platform, rolling to a stop before quickly getting back on his feet. But as soon as he stood, Kasaka's tail whipped around, narrowly missing Jun's head as he dove down just in time.

But the tail whipped back, smacking Junwoo in the back, making him shout in pain as he flew forward. He skipped across the platform, then across the water over the tracks, before finally coming to a stop and sinking beneath the surface.

The murky water enveloped him, the weight of his soaked clothes dragging him down, and the dirty water not only made it difficult to see but also made it hard to breathe. Jun struggled against the current, desperately trying to resurface. Then he felt the large serpent enter the water as the water shifted and the waves carried him further away from the platform.