How Do I Say This?

"Ah well...umm..." Luis gulps then lets out a deep exhale after taking a deep breath.

I turn my head seeing Luis looking so upset.

"You don't have to-" Suddenly my words are interrupted by Luis, telling me that it's okay, he just needs a minute and how it's okay for Toby to know.

The room gets deadly silent, too silent. The silence is so damn loud, it has gotten me so nervous I can't stop squirming on the chair for the kitchen island, I can't sit down still.

"Alright..." Luis clears his throat before he gets to speak of the beginning of his story. This is going to take a while and I just I'm going to cry at his story again. His past really breaks me, finding out why it made so easy for Luis and I bond together is because of his past.

"Growing up wasn't so good for me. It was very difficult actually, it's hard for everyone and different for everyone. I've always wanted a "difficult" life like anyone else, the type where I just struggle with just drama and depression and boom it's solved with medication and just avoid drama.

However that's not the case... I grew up in a poor family. I only grew up with two little siblings, a little brother and a little sister. Their names are Jackie and Lorenzo.

They're my whole life, I loved them very much.

We only had a father, my mother died after giving birth to my youngest brother. It broke my dad apart, it literally ripped him into shreds. Not because she's his first lover, or because by how they built a strong relationship and bond. But mainly because of how my dad helped her through so much, my mom was raised in an abusive household when they were best friends back then ever since middle school.

Mom would help my dad's mental health problems such as anger issues, depression and his horrible homicidal thoughts and other things such as his ADHD. She sticked with him even though he gets horrible manic episodes but soon he became better and better with not just medicine but also with her help for being a loyal friend. Then my dad found out something dark about my mom when they were Juniors in high school.

Her father will treat her like she's his second wife. It was traumatizing and pretty heinous of how a father will cheat on their lover with someone beautiful they created together, someone who they created life and gave a life.

So what did my dad do when he found out that his best friend was not just being sexually abused but also had been verbally and emotionally abused? He attacked her dad, he threw punches at him and even threw a brick at his ballsack, something for him to be proud and something for my mom's dad to always remember whenever he thinks about lusting over something heinous.

Now I don't know why my parents thought having three kids was a good idea when they're tight on money but they did end up having three children.

My dad's family let her stay over at his home if only my dad will help out give her what she needs. So instead of spending money on what teenagers spend on such as weed, snacks, or whatever that ain't really worthy. Dad bought food, clothes and even hygiene products. His parents buy food for the family and my dad will buy food for his best friend. Even though she had a job too. My dad still had done it because he fell in love with her and was willing to spend whatever her body needs..." Luis then stops speaking. He's not even halfway talking about the past. Luis needs to explain how his dad turned into a monster.

Toby looks at Luis is a small frown. His parents were great buddies and are the definition of what loyal friend is, now he knows why his father is shattered into pieces when his lover died. But there's a lot more Toby is going to find out, now that he knows about his parent's past. His parents past is the start of the story and it's important to know.