This Can't be Happening!

Silver's POV

'You looked adorable!' I texted Shadow. My phone vibrated.

'Heh, thanks?' He replied.

'Do you want to hang out today?' I asked him.

'Sure. Where at?'

'We could go to Angel Island? You don't have to agree to that, we could go somewhere else.'

'That sounds good, Angel Island. It should be interesting. Meet you at 2:00pm?' He said.

'Yeah. Bye.' I put my phone down but heard it vibrate again.

'Bye...' It was already 1:25pm. I decided to start getting ready. After several minutes it was already 1:48pm. I got dressed and went outside. I walked along the side walk, laughing at some texts Sonic send me.

Shadow's POV

I was driving by Silver's house, when I noticed he was walking along the sidewalk, looking down at his phone...about to cross the street with a car coming! I sped up on my motorcycle heading for him. In a matter of seconds, I had pushed Silver to the other side of the road.

Silver's POV

I had landed on my bottom on the concrete. "Are you alrig-" Shadow got hit by the car before he could finish his sentence. I gasped as got up. His motorcycle skid far away from him, and he landed face first. The driver stopped and got off of the car.

"Oh my god!" She yelled running to Shadow. Shadow got up and waved at the lady. The lady sighed. I looked over at him. I was about ten feet away from him. He smiled at me.

I started walking to him. "I'm oka-" But an eighteen-wheeler hit him sending him far away from me. I put my hands over my face. The truck had stopped and the driver came out, running over to Shadow who was maybe thirty feet away because of the hard impact.

I ran over to him too. His poor hedgehog body was curled up with scrapes and scratches from the road where he'd been skidding. Blood was coming from the ball as well. An ambulance siren was heard off in the distance.

They soon arrived. They quickly put the ball on the gurney and carried him away.

。。。。。。。。。。

Shadow's POV

Light.

Voices.

Beeping.

Was what I heard and saw through my eyes and ears. A mask was placed over my mouth. People were talking fast, things being attached to me. The drugs kicking in and the light fading to black...I could no longer hear or see.

Silver's POV

I sat down at the waiting area with my knees up to my chest and my arms around them, with my face to my knees. Hot tears streamed down my face. Soon someone busted through the door.

"Silver! I got your message..." Sonic said. I looked up at him.

Sonic's POV

The poor guy, I could just stand their watching him cry. He was sufferring, and none of my friends shall ever suffer. I sat down by him and put an arm around his shoulder.

"It's okay Silver... It's all going to be alright." I told him. He nuzzled to me still crying. I patted his back. "Its okay. Hey, remember...Shadow's the ultimate life form. If he can destroy a huge monster that was about to destroy earth with all his energy, he'll live through this." He just nuzzled closer to me. "I hope..." I whispered.

Silver's POV

It had been hours before a doctor walked in through the door. I looked up from Sonic's soaking shirt. "Silver?" Asked the man. I nodded. "Come with me." He said. I got up trembling. Was he going to show me something bad? We came across a large window. He had a small remote in his hand. "Now, prepare yourself for what's coming." He said.

"Is he going to be alright? Is he still alive?" Asked Sonic.

"Calm down..." The doctor said. He stared at me with worriedness. It didn't look good. He pressed a button, the blinds from the window started to slowly raise up. I covered my mouth once I saw what laid on the other side of the glass.

There, there he was on a gurney. Bandages, cables, tubes, and machines were all over his body. A mask was put over his mouth. "His conditions are not good. His recovery may not happen as planned nor may it ever happen. He had 72 fractured bones, his lungs were filling up with blood, and internal bleeding took place in many areas of is body." The doctor said.

"I-Is he going to live?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not." The doctor said. My eyes became full of tears.

"Can I go in?" I asked. The doctor shook his head. "I have to go in! I need to see him! I can't leave him! He can't die! Please! Shadow! Shadow! No!" I felt Sonic's arms around my waist. "Don't touch me!" I tried to get out of his grip, he began to carry me away. "Let me go! Shadow! Please, Shadow! No!" I yelled in tears.

Narrator's POV

As the blue hedgie struggled to carry Silver away, Silver had emotional break downs. He couldn't stand seeing some one he loved hurt and suffering. He wanted to go in and hug him, tell him how much he loved him. He wanted to be with him. Sonic pulled him away from the window. The doctor helped too.

"Shadow..." Silver whimpered. He began giving up. He was easier to drag out now. Once he was out of the hospital, he dropped to his knees. "I'm sorry, I was such a fool!" Silver cried. Sonic hugged him. "Don't touch me!" He cried and teleported away.

Silver was later laying on his bed crying his heart out...his chāo came in with Echo.

"Echo? What are you doing here?" Silver asked. Echo had a note in his hands and gave it so Silver.

I'll be back, don't worry. I'm just hanging with Silver. By the way your breakfast is on the table.

"He must have wrote it in the morning when he left." Echo nodded. Silver turned on the tv and changed it to the news channel.

"It was yesterday when a young man was hit by two cars. He claimed he was okay at first, then a truck came by and hit him. The hard impact caused him to fly off at least thirty feet away. The young one was known as Shadow the hedgehog..." I took the remote and was about to change it when Echo took it.

"Hey!" I claimed. He came closer to the tv and turned it up.

"The doctors said his conditions are not looking good and he might not survive. You can learn more about it on our website or Facebook page." The last said. "Now for your weather-" Echo turned the tv off. He dropped the remote and looked back at me.

He looked sad, really sad. He started falling to the ground. He landed on the ground. Snowball went over to him. Echo couldn't get up, his wings quit fluttering.

"Echo?" I asked. He looked at me and gave a weak whimper. His red pixie dust dimmed. I got my laptop and typed something. As I read what I found I put the laptop to the side. I got off my bed and went over to Echo. "So you're dying too... Chāos connect their souls with their owners." I picked him up in hands.

I put him in a small box with a towel so he'd be comfortable. He gave a loud cry. Snowball squeaked and approached Echo. I prohibited him from doing so. He looked up at me. "Leave him, he needs to rest." He looked at Echo who was trembling. He began to crying. I petted him.

"It'll be okay buddy." I said.