Chapter 34: Jean and Gene Part 1

Esme tiredly held her head up on her hand with her elbow propped on the table

Esme tiredly held her head up on her hand with her elbow propped on the table.  She felt like crap.  She didn't know what it was, but she woke up this morning and felt like she was dying.  It must have been something she ate.

She tried to power through the day but she couldn't do it.  She felt nauseous and was ready to pass out.  The children were busy finishing up their paintings when she called down to the office.

"I need to go home.  I think I have the flu or something.  It's bad".  She said over the phone.

Luckily, the principle was more than happy to cover for Esme for the day. As the principle came, Esme explained how she was going home early and that she would be back next week to get over whatever sickness she had.

"Be good.  I will see you all on Monday, I can't wait to hear about your weekend.  Goodbye my golden stars".  Esme still smiled as she grabbed her things.

"Bye Mrs. M!"  The class waved goodbye and Esme headed home.

Esme got into her car, turning it on.  She moved the mirror slightly and looked into it.

Lucifer was in the back seat, grinning at her.

"It's been awhile, Esme".

Esme screamed.

"Ohh, come on.  Relax".  Lucifer groaned at her screaming.

"What in the world are you doing here and how can I see you?"  She almost growled.

"Don't pretend you didn't miss me".  Lucifer scoffed, flashing to the front seat.

Esme glared at him.  "My life has been peaceful until now.  Go away!"  She ordered.

Lucifer's head tilted to the side automatically and he let out a dark chuckle.  "We need to catch up on things though.  Even though, I've been keeping an eye on you".  He relaxed in his seat.

"I said go".  Her voice sounded demonic and she was taken back by it.  Even Lucifer.

"That's new".  He pointed out.

Esme placed her hand on her head before she just decided to drive.  It was annoying.  Lucifer was singing to Eye of the Tiger in a terrible pitch. "I can't believe you married Tyler". Lucifer scoffed in disgust.

"Thomas". Esme corrected.

"Stupid name". Lucifer laughed and put his feet on the dash, looking over to Esme. "You should've married me. I'm such a better fit". Lucifer winked at her.

Esme almost threw up from his comment. "No thank you". She politely declined.

"Oh, come on". Lucifer turned his head, looking straight ahead. "Give the people what they want". He winked.

Esme glanced over at him a few times with complete confusion evident on her face. "Who are you talking to right now?"

Lucifer only shuffled in his seat before reaching over and changing the channel. "We have so much catching up to do. Not really, actually. I've been stalking you, don't worry. I left the room whenever you and Terry were banging it out".