•𝓘 𝓦𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓜𝓲𝓭𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼•

The city was quiet, the kind of quiet that only came after midnight, when most people were asleep and the world felt still. Nia's apartment was a safe haven from the chaos that had filled their night. The mission had been successful, but it had left both of them buzzing with leftover energy.

As they entered the apartment, Brainy could feel the adrenaline still coursing through his circuits, but it was tempered by the warm presence of Nia by his side. She was the calming force that grounded him, even when everything else felt out of control.

Nia kicked off her shoes by the door, letting out a small sigh as she stretched her arms above her head. "I'm so glad that's over," she murmured, her voice soft but still carrying the strength he admired so much. "I didn't realize how tense I was until now."

Brainy watched her with a fond smile, his eyes following the way her hair fell around her shoulders, the way her lips curved when she finally let herself relax. She was everything to him, his dreamer, his light. He felt a sudden surge of affection, a need to express just how much she meant to him.

"Nia," he said quietly, stepping closer to her. She turned to look at him, curiosity sparking in her eyes.

"Yes, Brainy?" she asked, her tone gentle as she reached out to touch his hand, her thumb brushing over his knuckles in a way that sent a warm shiver through him.

"Dance with me," he said, the words coming out as more of a plea than he had intended. He wanted to hold her close, to feel the steady beat of her heart against his chest, to share a moment of pure, unadulterated love.

Nia blinked in surprise, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Right now? We just got back from fighting a bunch of bad guys, and you want to dance?"

Brainy nodded, a bit of uncertainty creeping into his voice. "Yes... If you want to, of course. I just thought... it might be nice."

Nia's smile widened, and she squeezed his hand. "You're such a romantic, Brainiac 5," she teased, her eyes sparkling with affection. "I'd love to dance with you."

His heart, or at least the part of him that felt like a heart, swelled with happiness. He quickly crossed the room to her music player, selecting a soft, slow song that filled the room with gentle melodies. The notes floated around them, creating a bubble of intimacy that made the world outside disappear.

Brainy returned to her side, holding out his hand once more. "May I have this dance, my dreamer?" he asked, his voice low and tender.

Nia giggled softly, her cheeks tinged with a delicate pink as she placed her hand in his. "Of course, my love," she replied, letting him lead her to the center of the living room.

They stood there for a moment, just looking at each other, before Brainy gently placed his hand on her waist, pulling her closer. Nia's arms wrapped around his neck, and they began to sway to the rhythm of the music, moving together in perfect harmony.

As they danced, Nia rested her head against his chest, listening to the steady hum of his systems. It was a sound that had become synonymous with comfort, safety, and home. "You know," she whispered, "I never imagined I'd end up dancing in my living room with a 12th-level intellect from the future."

Brainy chuckled softly, his hand stroking her back in slow, soothing circles. "And I never imagined I'd fall in love with the most incredible woman in the 21st century," he murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Yet here we are, and I wouldn't trade this moment for anything."

Nia lifted her head to look up at him, her eyes filled with love and adoration. "You're the sweetest, Brainy," she said, her voice laced with affection. "How did I get so lucky?"

"I'm the lucky one," Brainy insisted, his fingers brushing a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "You've shown me what it means to love, to care deeply for someone. I never knew I could feel this way... until you."

She smiled up at him, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears of happiness. "You're going to make me cry," she whispered, leaning up on her tiptoes to press a soft, lingering kiss to his lips.

Brainy's hand cupped her cheek, his thumb brushing against her skin as he kissed her back, pouring all of his love into that simple gesture. When they finally pulled away, they stayed close, their foreheads resting against each other as they continued to sway to the music.

"I love you, Brainy," Nia said, her voice barely more than a breath.

"And I love you, Nia," he replied, his heart full to bursting.

The song slowly came to an end, but they didn't stop moving. They held each other close, basking in the warmth of their love, feeling safe and cherished in each other's arms.

As the night wore on, they eventually made their way to the couch, curling up together under a blanket. Nia nestled into Brainy's side, her head resting on his shoulder as she closed her eyes. Brainy kissed her temple, his arm wrapped securely around her, holding her close.

"Sweet dreams, my dreamer," he whispered, his voice tender and full of love.

"Goodnight, my love," Nia murmured, her words slurred with the onset of sleep.

They drifted off together, wrapped in each other's embrace, knowing that whatever challenges they faced in the future, they would always have moments like this—moments of pure love and happiness that would carry them through anything.