2

Aurelia's breath caught as she awoke with a twinge between her thighs. She had dreamt of a snake for the umpteenth time this month. She wasn't sure what it was about them that turned her on. Maybe it was the way the world viewed them. Humans saw them as gross and dangerous when they were just beautiful beings merely existing the only way they knew how.

The thought of the snakes left her with a sudden realization of the basilisks she had been researching at work the past week. It didn't explain the whole months' worth of dreams, but it could explain the sudden heightening in her sexual views of them the past few nights.

She took a shower before work. That was the last thing she wanted on her mind while she was there, and a shower may shake ift from her thoughts and remove the lingering feelings within her body.

Today, she was meeting with the new coworker that the fae had set the company up with. She knew it was a creature but did not know any of the details. With the events that unfolded a week ago with the pooka, she found herself more worried than she was when they had first broken the news of it in the restaurant.

Picking out her clothes, she decided she didn't want to try to come off too strong to the new coworker who would share her office. She dressed in a black knee-length fitted skirt and a loose white button-up top. She did a touch of makeup before placing her hair into a high ponytail rather than the high bun she usually did. To finish the look off, she put on a pair of black high heels that made her feel powerful. She wanted to tower over the puny men who had treated her as lesser.

Before she walked to work, she did a double take in the mirror and felt okay with her appearance.

As she sat in her office, which now had an extra chair and desk in it, parallel to hers, she felt her stomach knot in anticipation of meeting her new work partner. Her breath hitched as she heard Jerry's voice from directly outside of her office.

She stood waiting. Jerry walked in, followed by a familiar man.

The man, the same one from the bus stop, gave her the same up-and-down look. He took in every part of her body before meeting her eyes and giving her a devilish smile.

"Aurelia, this is Noxus. You're new partner," Herry said as he showcased the man in front of me. "Noxus, this is Aurelia. We look forward to having you here at the company."

Jerry continued talking as Noxus stared down Aurelia. She stood frozen in place, as she had when she first met the man at the bus stop. She hadn't perceived the man as tall until this moment. Standing next to Jerry, he was a good five inches taller. She was the same height as Jerry and imagined seeing herself standing next to Noxus, him peering down at her.

Neither of them noticed when Jerry walked out of the room. Their gazes stayed plastered to each other.

They stood staring for several minutes before Noxus started walking towards her. Her breath hitched in her lungs. She should have been scared, potentially terrified. All she felt was longing.

"Had I known it was you, I wouldn't have signed up for this job," he said, followed by a tisk of his tongue.

His eyes changed color from black with big flecks of gold to a dark brown with smaller flecks, and Aurelia felt the ability to move and speak and come back to her.

"I am sorry that you feel that way; I assure you, you were not the one I wanted to see come through that door," she said as she sat down in her chair and started typing her newest fact check into the search engine.

She could feel him move behind her to his chair. The movements smooth and graceful.

A question burned at her tongue. She knew it was rude, but she couldn't help herself.