~ EIGHT ~

LOS ANGELES, CA, 1984

MCA RECORDS

"Hey, Gary, any Black people workin' here?" Ralph asked.

"I'd say so." Gary answered. "The head of the label is Jheryl Busby. He's a black man."

"Wow, he's in charge of this whole place?" Mike asked in curiosity.

"Well, he's the one we're answering to. He's the one who's cuttin' the checks. So, I'd say he's in charge." Gary explained.

We continued walking as Gary stopped to talk the lady at the front desk. I took a seat on a couch in the lounge area near Ricky as Bobby and Ronnie sat on the opposite side.

"Ricky stop! That's nasty." I told him as he touched the breast of the mini statue next to him.

(A/N: He nasty y'all)

"Ricky, what are you doin'? Don't touch that. You guys, come here." Gary beckoned us as we walked over.

"Listen, have some class." He said. "As soon we get in there, I want you to give them a little taste of what they're gonna get, okay?"

"Sing "Candy Girl" and then give them some dance moves."

"Oh, so you want us to sing and dance right here in the office?" Ralph questioned.

"Ain't that kinda unprofessional?" I asked.

"No, It's 'cause it's the first impression, okay?" Gary said. "Listen, take the Roxbury attitude and leave it back in Roxbury."

"Okay, and take your feet off the couch. Not only do I want you to sing, I want to you guys to smile, okay?" We nodded our heads.

"Do we have to sing "Candy Girl?" I mean we do have another songs." Ronnie said.

"Alright. "Sing Popcorn Love." That's a great tune, okay, but smile."

We wrapped our arms around eachother as we walked inside the office along with Gary. It seemed pretty idiotic to walk through an office while singing but Gary is our new manager, I guess.

ALL

"Popcorn Love!"

RALPH

"But it's more than that to me."

ALL

"Popcorn Love!"

RALPH

"Just wait, they will see."

ALL

"Popcorn Love!"

RALPH

"Every morning, noon, and night."

ALL

"Popcorn Love!"