~ FIVE ~

STARR RECORDING STUDIOS, BOSTON, MA, 1981

The guys and I along with Brooke and Maurice Starr walk inside of the studio and look around. We all began to play the different instruments located around the room until Brooke whistled singling us to stop.

"Stop, this ain't the playground, these are not toys." Brooke told them and they stopped. "Now if we're gonna be a New Edition to the Jackson 5, we need another member." Maurice said.

"Why are we trying to fix what ain't broke? I think we cool with just five." Mike questioned. "Yeah, we already have five members." I added. "Why do we need to add another?"

"Well to be different from the rest of course." Maurice answered. "Micheal, right?" He said turning his head towards Mike. "Yeah." Mike responded. "In this business you learn far more by listening than speaking. So close that big ass mouth and open those big ass ears." Maurice explained. "Whatever, bruh." Mike muttered.

"Now you guys have to have a talented cousin... or brother... or somebody in your family that can sing." Maurice asked trailing after every word. "Nah, none of my brothers got any talent." Ricky answered.

"My brother just learned how to walk a year ago." Ralph added. "And I don't have any brothers." I said.

"Maybe we can get Corey and Travis, I know they still wanna do it." Bobby suggested. "No, no, no, we need to see everybody." Maurice replied.

"My nephew." Brooke said. "He been wanting to be in the group ever since the group got started."

Ronnie stood infront of his mirror, practicing his dance moves when his little brother peeked at him and walked in, imitating him, sitting on his bed and watches him dance

Ronnie stopped dancing and faced his little brother. "Go play or something, I'm busy."

"How come Uncle Brooke doesn't just put you in the group?" His little brother questioned shrugging his shoulders.

"It doesn't work like that. I've gotta earn my spot." Ronnie replied looking back in the mirror and continuing his practice.

"Nope, it's because you sorry." His little brother teased.

"Ma, can you please come get him?" Ronnie called his mother as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Roland, I told you to leave your brother alone." Their mom said from the other room.

Ronnie went back to dancing and his little brother began singing just to bug him. "What did I say? Do I need to get my belt?" Ronnie says getting irritated.