The coaster of death (4)

Sobs and murmurs, as well as the sounds of police's siren are the only sounds that can be heard in the amusement park. There's no sound of joyous laughter like the usual with how quiet the amusement park is. And of course, this is was all caused by the murder that took place in there. Oh, how cold and ruthless the murderer is! To initiate their will to kill in this place that is supposed to be filled with laughter, who are they if they can do such thing? To do a murder in a place where the kids deemed as a luxury and fun place...

Or...perhaps there is a reason? But what could the reason is to make the murderer do that? Even you, the detective in this story are failing to understand that. You cannot fathom the possible reason for the murderer to do this, you cannot understand and you hate the murderer for the possibility of making young children grow traumatized by the sight of the corpse.

To make them scared and the possibility of traumatized going to funfair or amusement park after this incident...you hate the murderer for this. For whatever the reason they might had for kill someone in this place, you hated the murderer for destroying the joy in every children here, and you hate the murderer for making the children cry. This is not the time yet, this is not the time for those little children to know what kind of world they lived in!

You hate the murderer, you despise their action. You hate it. You hate it very much, you hate-

"[F. Name]."

A gentle hand wrap itself around yours, tugging gently on it and snap you out. Turning your head around, someone placed their hand on your hair and ruffling it causing you to close one of your eyes since your bangs almost prickle your eyes.

"Why are you pouting?" That familiar voice asked and you can feel their fingers latch on your cheeks, sliding their fingers upwards to force you form a smile. "A smile like this suits you more, miss detective."

Finally having a proper time to look, you find...a boy, in front of you who's wearing a hat and black mask, making you unable to see his face properly (lmao you thought it was Kaito?). That familiar voice...yes, you've heard about it before. But where? You couldn't recall.

"I uh.." All you could do right now is just stand there; stunned to move or even speak. As if sensing your confusion however, the young man smiled -- or at least that's what you assumed since his face is hidden by his mask.

"Oh, sorry! It just that you are seemingly too troubled, and it doesn't suits your face, miss detective!" He said calmly as he take a step back, proving himself that he doesn't have any ill intention.

"You see, my friends and I are just an unlucky bystanders." He said again as he pointed where Gin and Vodka at. "I saw you seems troubled and well...I just want to help you out. The sight of a stressed detective like you is too bitter for me."

"Oh, thank you." You replied, still confused by his gesture. "I will try my best to solve this case soon."

And that figure just laughed, again having his hand latching on your soft hair and gently ruffling it. "I know you will."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"What were you talking with that girl?"

Glaring at the man before him, Gin silently leave a warning to nor mess that much or spilling anything weird from that useless mouth of Cognac's. That look alone from his eyes is enough, since Gin would always give the same look whenever Cognac is with him. Oh the romantic tension in the air /j

"Hmm? Nothing." Come Cognac's reply as he chuckled. "I'm just telling her a good luck."

Gin's eyes narrowed at Cognac's before moving to gaze at you, who were busy explaining the current situation with Megure and discussing about this case problem with Shinichi. "Really? Then is the pat on her head also a part of the good luck too?"