25

"It's over," that's all I wrote to Anna two days later. And within hours, the world knew about it. She was taking interview after interview to tell the world how selfish I was and that I ended it the way I did. I was met with much public criticism as she painted me as a heartless, cruel asshole. However, it was all part of my carefully crafted plan.

By breaking up with Anna in such a controversial manner, I knew I would be labeled as the "bad boy." But I knew Hollywood - and one thing Hollywood loved was a "bad boy." And to be Johnny Depp's replica helped me tremendously too.

In the days that followed the breakup, Anna took to social media to air her grievances, and to further vilify me. However, she underestimated my power. The public, initially, was swayed by Anna's emotional pleas, but they soon began to question her motives as I stayed quiet. People liked me, and whether they liked me because of me or because I was Johnny Depp's son, I didn't care.

As public perception shifted, I embraced my newfound "bad boy" persona. It was all the leverage I needed to recreate a new image for myself, one that was both alluring and enigmatic. Ultimately, I was in control of my narrative- something unusual in Hollywood.

Which is how I got the lead break-out roll in a rom-com movie. And ended up at some private exclusive party for everyone with a noticeable name in Hollywood, including Carmen.

As I sat tucked at my table, surrounded by Mum, Dad, and Lily, I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. I was finally in this room due to my own merit, not because of who my parents were. Well, not entirely because of who my parents are.

I was two cocktails in when I saw her at the table across from mine. Her long, dark hair cascaded over her shoulders like a silken waterfall, framing her emerald-green eyes that sparkled with intelligence and mischief. Her furry eyebrows, a distinctive and alluring feature, adding to her exotic charm. I couldn't determine if she was wearing the dress or if it was wearing her the way it adorned her body like a second skin, its intricate seams accentuating every curve and contour she had. And the emerald green color against her dark skin tone, created captivating contrast that drew me in more. As she began to move around the room, my eyes followed. The sleeveless dress highlighted her slender shoulders; the neckline plunged just enough to keep me imagining more in my head. She exuded an aura of confidence and allure that no other woman in the room could pull off.

"I'm going to say hi to her," I spoke against the chattering at the table. I assumed nobody heard me, so when I pushed myself upright, I felt a tug. It was Lily's hand trying to tug me back in my chair.

"You're going to embarrass yourself," She warned.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are," She argued back.

"No, I'm not." I insisted.

"Yes, you are," She hissed. "She won't be impressed because you're Jack Depp."

"Really?" I retorted sarcastically, as if a woman of that magnitude would be impressed by my last name when her own name carried just as much weight.

"I'm serious, Jack! That only works with specific types of women. She's not going to be impressed by you."

I yanked my hand away from Lily's grasp, "Let's let her be the judge of that."

As I began to walk towards her I could hear Lily behind me say, "Dad! Come on! Stop him! He's going to embarrass himself and us when she rejects him!"

"I'm saying out of this one," he replied, taking a long sip of water.

"Oh my God," Lily cried into her palms. "I'll never live this down."

As I walked through the crowd, my gaze was set on her. Her vibrant emerald green eyes sparkled from afar, motivating me to get to her. Gathering my courage, I continued to make my way over, cleared my throat, and tapped her slender shoulder. With a graceful whirl, she turned around, her face adorned with a radiant smile. Our eyes met, and time seemed to stand still. In that instant, I felt a surge of inexplicable connection. Her emerald orbs held a depth that captivated me, and the wind caught in my throat as if it, too, was mesmerized.

Mustering all my composure, I stumbled out my name, "I...I'm...Sorry, excuse me, I'm Jack...Jack Depp."

A gentle smile spread across her lips as she introduced herself, "I'm Carmen. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Jack."

Her hand shook mine, our eyes never leaving the others.

"Well, it was nice meeting you," She said, taking her hand out of mine. "See you around." It sounded more like a question than a statement in my head.

So I replied, "Yeah, I hope so." and walked off feeling slightly mortified. When I made it back to the table, I placed my head into my hands and groaned to myself. Only, of course, Lily was sitting next to me.

"How bad was it?" She asked me.

I exhaled deeply, "On a scale of 1 to 10? I think about a 5."

"A 5?" she exclaimed. "I was expecting much worse."

"I've got some skills, Lily," I remarked with a mischievous smirk.

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, still in progress it appears, lover boy."

Dad chuckled to himself from across the table, and suddenly, all four of us were just sitting there in a laughing fit. None even knew what we were laughing about, but it felt good. It was a good way to end the night.