so much for summer love.

*a year later*

It's been a whole year since I last came to beach house and standford has been a dream...I made amzing friends I studied I worked out I got a Job I moved on from belly and Jeremiah and I found my bestfriend I found Nina..

I'm so excited to be working on my project with her this project makes sure we pass our Classes to get a passing grade on a topic this hard would be a miracle... since it's a summer project I decided to bring her out to cousins with me.. she gladly expected seeing I had told her all about how much I loved this place...

[At the summer house]

"Will conrad be coming this summer?" Belly asked sushanah nodded so did Belly "he says he moved on but idk" steevn shrugged feeling proud him and conrad had gotten a hundred million times closer now.. "oh look he's calling right now" sushanah picks up and put the phone on speaker.. "hey connie" she speaks "hey mom you remeber I'm bringing Nina over right?" He asked "oh yeah now I do" sushanah says "yeah just heads up she's allergic to nuts so yeah" he says and sushanah nods "ok hun drive safe" she hangs up everyone looks at her in confusion "oh nina is his college buddy.. she's spending the summer here because they have a project together" sushanah explains "there no just buddies there like bestfriends shes knows conrad better tahn i do or sushanahfor that matter" steven explains "you've met her?" Laurel asks steven nods "she's beautiful" steven says and sushanah nods "way out Connie's leauge" sushanah says and laurel chuckles "but they both dint like eachother that way apparently.. but I would lobe for connie to get with a girl like Nina god she's so sweet." Susannah says

[Conrad's pov]

We pull into the drive way and Nina remobes our bags I open the house door for her as she walks in the house she greeted everyone recognizing steven from that time I took them both out.. my eyes lock with belly why dise it bother me she's here why dose it bother me taht she's with my brother. I move ahead introducing Nina to laurel. Then I show her the guest room and she put her stuff on the bed.. "How are u with belly and all being here" she says "it's hard" I give her the truth "but I've moved on" I say and she pats my back.. soon enough it's time for dinner belly and jermeiah sit next to eachother, I shoot her a look and she holds back her laugh..
We start eating finally laurel makes conversation "so what's this project all about?" She asks "I will let Nicole answer that one cuz I don't know myslef" I shrug Nicole shigs "its a research on microplastics for our microbiology final.. but specifically microplastics and how they affect the marine life." She says I've always enjoyed how nerdy she is. "Wait, that's the most difficult chapter in the curriculum" I say relazing "yeah maybe if u had showed up for that class you would have known!" She says lifting her eyebrows "connie misses alot of classes?" Mom asks her "not many just when he's too tired to care" she says and keeps eating which is true I take my studies pretty seriously.

We keep talking a little more for dinner but belly and Jeremiah stay quite damn right they should I can't help but keep side eyeing them and seeing the hands drift away from eachother each time I do... "so connie any new girl?" Mom asks noticing where my eyes were drifting "no" I shake me head and I see Nina pass a look as she takes a sip of water. "Someone disagrees" steven said niana just shook her head no.. "tell us if my boy has a girl I should know" mom say and I laugh "i dont" I say "I don't know what she's talking abt?" I say honestly "I'm talking about linda" she says and I choke on my food. "Whose Linda conrad" steven asked me the kicker in this conversation is i have never met a linda in my life."I hate you so much" I tell Nina covering my face she laughs... "oh connie your blushing" laurel says.. and I just laugh harder at what she says.. I compose myself and hear mom say "glad you found someone" I side eyes belly who looks at her food jeres looking at her I can see Belly is jealous...suddenly I release qht Nina did I look at her and she just gives me a look me and Nina could always talk with our eyes see what the other was saying just by the way we were looking at eachother. I give her a look of thanks and wtf at the smae time and she just shrugs..

After dinner everyone setlles for movies we Crack open our books. "Mind telling me whose linda" I aks and she laughs "but ok did u see bellys face.. she was burning" she said and I nod "thanks..Nina this is why ur my bestfriend" i tell her she giggles..
"Forever connie baby" she says and I nod while laughing...