Nine

FINALLY!!!!

I apologize for the wait. I have no internet and by some miracle i was able to use the neighbors WiFi

there is one more story but i think i'm going to finish it first then post it.

any ways, enjoy!

Definitely listen to the song:)!

*****************************************************************

Bobby's SAT score brought him instant fame. The city newspaper called for an interview, and once the reporter picked up on Bobby's relationship to Steve, the great FSU quarterback struck down by cancer, other reporters came. "CNN showed the video clip from our local station last night," Bobby told Dana at school. "It about blew us away. We're all used to seeing Steve on the screen, not me. Dad didn't know what to say."

"Sorry I missed it. Did you like seeing yourself bragged about?"

He shrugged. "Face it, it's only news because I'm Steve's brother."

"No, it's news because only seven hundred other people in the country made a perfect score on their SAT's."

A group of Bobby's friends walked past and ad a ceremony of bowing towards him.

"Knock it off, wise guy," Bobby said.

His friends laughed, but Dana could see that the attention pleased him. "So how would we celebrate your first national news coverage?" she asked.

"Celebrations will have to wait until after I get home from Brain Bowl."

Jackson High's team had advanced to the state finals, so Bobby and his teammates were headed off to Charlotte for the weekend.

"With you there, I'm sure we'll win," Dana told him. "And then we'll have two things to celebrate. The finals will be televised."

"On cable access," Bobby said dismissively. "But you will watch, won't you?"

"I wouldn't miss it. There's supposed to be a big party in the cafeteria with the whole school invited to watch. Maybe I'll have a seat of honor because I'm Bobby's girl." She grinned impishly.

"I want you to watch it at my house—with Steve. He asked if that would be okay with me and I told him sure...that is, if it's okay with you, Dana."

She hadn't seen Steve in more than two weeks, and her heart leaped in anticipation. "It's okay with me," she said, hoping her voice didn't betray her eagerness.

"Steve doesn't see many people these days, so count yourself among the lucky few." Bobby adjusted his armload of books. "I want Steve to be happy, and if spending the afternoon with my girl will do the trick, I'm for it."

"Then your girl will be pleased to return the favor."

"I do it all for love," Bobby said, kissing her forehead.

She watched him walk away, ashamed of her deception but ecstatic about the opportunity to spend more time with the one she loved.

The Harrods had turned their family room into a hospital room just for Steve. He had a special bed, a TV, videos, and a laptop computer, as well as a table, sofa, and fireplace all to himself. Dana was impressed with the setup and told him so.

"I told Mom and Dad it wasn't necessary, but they insisted. I think they needed something to do, something else to think about." He gestured. "Besides, it's big enough for all of us to be together at the same time. No crowding." He held out his hand. "Come here. Let me look at you."