Chapter 5 : The new student

Nazia and Tanya were in their Economics IA class, engaged in a hushed conversation as they waited for the lesson to begin. Mrs. Chai walked to the front of the class, a warm smile on her face. "We have a new student joining us today. Please come in, young man."

The door opened, and a tall, handsome boy walked in, his confident stride commanding attention. All the girls except Nazia and Tanya squealed in unison, "He's so handsome!" Nazia rolled her eyes good-naturedly, while Tanya chuckled at the commotion.

Mrs. Chai introduced the new student, Nawin Wachirakul, who smiled warmly as he greeted the class. As he scanned the room for an empty seat, his eyes landed on Nazia and Tanya, and he walked towards them with a sense of familiarity.

"Hi, Tanya," he said, smiling at her. "Long time no see!"

Nazia raised an eyebrow, intrigued by their connection. "You two know each other?"

Tanya nodded, her eyes sparkling with memories. "We were childhood friends until Nawin moved away."

Nawin sat down behind them, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled. "It's great to see you again, Tanya. And I'm Nawin," he added, turning to Nazia with a friendly gaze.

Nazia smiled back, feeling an instant connection. "I'm Nazia Abdullah, but call me Naz."

As the lesson began, Nazia, Tanya, and Nawin chatted quietly, getting reacquainted and sharing laughter. When the bell rang, signaling the end of the class, they gathered their belongings and headed to their next class, Financial Accounting.

Professor Lukas, their lecturer, walked in wearing an all-black outfit that made his fair skin glow, and Nazia felt a flutter in her chest. She quickly pushed the feeling aside, focusing on the lesson.

As they took their seats, Nawin sat between Nazia and Tanya, his presence making them feel like a tight-knit group. Professor Lukas began his lecture, and the class settled in, taking diligent notes.

After the lesson, Nazia turned to Tanya and whispered, "We should take Nawin out this evening!"

Tanya's eyes sparkled with excitement. "That's a great idea! Nawin, can you join us?"

Nawin grinned, his eyes lighting up. "I'd love to. What did you have in mind?"

As they made plans, Nazia felt a sense of excitement, anticipating a fun evening with her friends.

Nazia, Tanya, and Nawin headed to their dorm rooms to get ready for their evening out. Nazia showered and wore a stunning pink floral dress with black block heels, her hair blow-dried and straightened to perfection. She opted for a natural makeup look, highlighting her features.

Tanya, on the other hand, wore a sleek black dress with black stiletto heels, her hair curled and her makeup a dark, feminine eye look. "You look gorgeous, bestie!" Nazia exclaimed, admiring Tanya's outfit. "Please do my makeup next time, I love your dark feminine look!"

Nawin texted Tanya, saying he'd be there in a few minutes. They walked to the gate of their university, where Nawin awaited them in a sleek white Audi. Nazia was impressed, having no idea her new friend belonged to an affluent family. He was so humble and kind, never looking down on anyone.

As they drove to the halal pizzeria, Sarah's Halal Pizza, Nazia felt grateful for considerate friends like Tanya and Nawin, who always made sure to take her to restaurants that catered to her Muslim faith.

At the pizzeria, they enjoyed a delicious dinner, laughing and chatting like old times. Nazia ordered a margarita pizza, while Nawin and Tanya opted for Hawaiian pizzas.

As they finished their meal, Nazia teased Tanya, "You know, Tanya, you and Nawin would make a cute couple!" Tanya blushed, not saying a word, while Nawin smiled warmly at her.

After dinner, Nawin dropped Nazia and Tanya back at the university, the evening ending on a high note. As they walked to their dorm room, Nazia turned to Tanya and whispered, "Seriously, Tanya, Nawin is perfect for you!"

Tanya just smiled, her eyes sparkling with a hint of possibility.