Processing

Life's moving at 100mph, and I'm seconds away from jumping off the train. Can we just stop and pause for a minute, please. Let me enjoy something first before you keep throwing in twist after twist. I appreciate the good that came with it all but damn. I can only process so much at one time. And if I'm being honest, I'm still stuck on randomly walking into Carla's shop.

Didn't have much time to process any of that, because life was like hey. Here's the job of a lifetime, a group of amazing people and after 22 years of living, your first crush. Ok, cool. We can handle that. Maybe, I don't know. And now a whole damn family. Mother, father, brother, crazy ass stepmom, equally fucked up stepsister, and there's no telling what else.

I've been in my apartment for 6 months. My new job almost 4 months and dating for less than a month. I have a lot going on but if anyone is built for more it's me, I guess. This better be it for the rest of the year. I don't need any more life changing surprises. Send it to the next person please. Carla could use a little razzle dazzle, maybe I can shift it her way.

"What are you thinking about?" Alanis finds me in the garden. Damn I thought I was good at hiding.

"About running away," I answer truthfully enjoying the fresh air.

"That's progress. Had this been a few months ago, you'd already be gone." He laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"True. This is weird, right?" I turn around, looking up at him.

"No and they will be here soon," He kisses me on the forehead

"Why did I agree to this?" I lay my head on his chest defeated

"You suggested it." He laughs pulling me inside

"Why did I do that then?" We both laugh

"Because they invite you to dinner and you are socially awkward around people you don't know but turn into a social butterfly when you're drinking." He reads me like a book. From start to finish.

"Dial it back but Touché" I nudge him with my shoulder which didn't effect him in anyway. Had he done it to me I would have tipped over.

"You can have another brother. It's cool with me." Mikel greets me with a hug

"You sure because I'll tell them not to come." I Kidd

"Don't even reply to that." Alanis cuts his eyes at Mikel

"I was just playing. Lighten up." I laugh walking towards the entertainment room.

"No, you weren't," he yells out

I invited the Oza's over to play a few drinking games. Figured it would be a good way to get to know one another and have fun. I was going to do it at my apartment just the three of us, but I felt like that would be too personal. Conversations may get too deep, and I don't want that. So, I turned it into a small party. The more the merrier.

"Oh, there she is," Mikaela says as I walk up. My guest just arrived.

"You almost look as good as me," Giovanni instantly comes in for a hug. It stunned me for a second, but I still embraced it.

"Jealousy, does look good on you." I joke, as we pull away

"Don't mind him you look beautiful." Mr. Oza extends his hand, and I embarrassingly go in for a hug thinking he was. Just as I was about to step away, he wraps both of his arms around placing a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"Thank you," I hurry and turn because my bitch baby tears were activated. I never had someone hug me, and it feel long overdue. 

"Awe," Carla and Mikaela watches from the doorway.