Shadows of the Heart

Minho stood in the courtyard, a bow in his hand, his fingers gently grazing the polished wood. The sky was clear, and the late afternoon sun bathed the training grounds in a soft golden glow. Bangchan stood beside him, observing Minho's stance with a practiced eye.

"Keep your elbow higher," Bangchan instructed, stepping closer. His hand brushed Minho's arm as he adjusted Minho's posture. Minho tensed at the touch, his shyness creeping in despite the familiarity they shared. Bangchan smiled at the reaction, but his voice remained patient, "Steady now. Focus on the target."

Minho nodded, drawing the bowstring back with a deep breath. The strings hummed under the tension, and for a moment, the world seemed to be quiet around them. With a soft exhale, Minho released the arrow. It sliced ​​through the air and struck the target, just shy of the center.

Bangchan chuckled, his pride evident, "You're improving. Soon, you'll be outshooting me."

Minho glanced at him, his cheeks flushed slightly, "Hyung you are a crown prince, I doubt that I am better than you in anything."

"You're too modest," Bangchan teased, taking the bow from Minho's hand. "But I think you'll surprise yourself."

He handed Minho a cloth to wipe the sweat from his brow, his gaze lingering on Minho's face. Minho looked away, and a soft laugh escaped him.

---

Later, as Minho sat under the shade of the peach tree, engrossed in a book, Bangchan approached quietly. The soft rustle of the leaves in the breeze and the sweet fragrance of the peaches fill the air around them. Bangchan leaned against the tree trunk, watching Minho with an expression that spoke of deep affection.

"Minho," Bangchan's voice broke the comfortable silence, drawing Minho's attention. He looked up, meeting Bangchan's gaze with curious eyes. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

Minho closed his book, sensing the seriousness in Bangchan's tone. "What is it?"

Bangchan hesitated for a moment, then knelt beside Minho, his hand reaching out to take Minho's.

"I know you like freedom and want to live in your world. But, as a selfish person, I want to be with you... as long as I live. I want to spend my whole life with you.

I know I don't have that kind of life... the way you want to spend peacefully every day, but I am sincerely in love with you the moment I know you and I doubt that I can survive the hardships of my life without you, dear. I promise I will not bother you and let you do whatever you want but I can't stand the thought of you being with someone else.

Will you consider... being mine?"

Minho's heart skipped a beat. The words hung in the air, delicate yet heavy with meaning. He looked at their hands, fingers intertwined, and then back into Bangchan's earnest eyes. A mix of emotions welled up inside him—fondness, confusion, and a sudden uncertainty.

Minho smiled softly, his voice barely above a whisper, "Hyung, I understand you and I believe that you will save me from everything which harmed me and I have absolute faith in you since my childhood. Even though it is not the life I want to spend my whole life for you and Yongbok I can live with it. You are more than my cousin you know it right? I will support you in my whole life but this is huge hyung. I... I need more time to think about it."