Chapter 10: Uninvited Guest

Shivang pulled up to Zeel's house, the soft purr of his Ferrari announcing his arrival. He hadn't called ahead, hoping to catch her off guard. With a mischievous smile, he stepped out of the car, straightening his jacket before walking up to her door.

Inside, Zeel was in her most comfortable home clothes, expecting Jesna to show up with their usual supply of ice cream for a night in. When the doorbell rang, she padded over to the door, barefoot, and swung it open.

"Jesna, I was just about—" Her words caught in her throat as she saw Shivang standing there, looking effortlessly handsome. "Shivang?!"

He smirked, his eyes glinting with amusement as he took in her surprised expression and casual attire. "Expecting someone else?" he teased, his gaze lingering on her oversized t-shirt and shorts.

Zeel felt a flush creep up her neck. "What are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighborhood," he said casually, though they both knew he lived nowhere near her. "Thought I'd drop by."

She crossed her arms over her chest, suddenly self-conscious. "You should've called."

"That would've ruined the surprise," he quipped, holding up a bottle of wine. "Care to join me?"

Zeel hesitated, but there was something about the way he was looking at her—like she was the most fascinating thing in the world—that made it hard to say no. She stepped aside to let him in, closing the door behind him.

Shivang made himself at home, strolling into her living room as if he owned the place. He found the glasses himself, pouring them both a generous amount of wine.

As they settled onto the couch, he handed her a glass, his fingers brushing hers. "To unexpected surprises," he toasted, his voice low and suggestive.

Zeel clinked her glass against his, trying to ignore the fluttering in her stomach. "To surprises," she echoed, taking a sip.

He leaned back, his eyes never leaving her. "You know, I've never seen you like this before. It's... different."

"What, in my pajamas?" Zeel shot back, trying to play it off, but her cheeks were already turning pink.

"In a way that makes me want to stay here all night," he replied smoothly, his gaze intense.

Zeel laughed nervously, taking another sip to hide her flustered state. "You're relentless, aren't you?"

He moved closer, his knee brushing against hers. "Only when it comes to things I want."

Zeel's breath hitched at the way he was looking at her, the air between them suddenly charged. She tried to change the subject. "You never told me why you're really here."

"I'm here because I couldn't stop thinking about you," he said, his voice dropping an octave. He leaned in, his lips dangerously close to her ear. "And I wanted to see if you've been thinking about me too."

Zeel's heart pounded in her chest. "Shivang..."

He took the glass from her hand and set it aside, then cupped her face gently. "Tell me to leave, and I will."

But she couldn't. The words wouldn't come out. Instead, she found herself leaning into his touch, her eyes fluttering closed as he kissed her softly.

The kiss deepened, and soon it wasn't just her lips he was kissing. He trailed down her neck, leaving a path of fire in his wake. Zeel's hands found their way to his hair, pulling him closer as he pressed her against the wall.

His hands roamed down her sides, resting on her waist as he pulled her even closer. The taste of wine lingered on his lips as he kissed her again, more urgently this time.

"Shivang..." Zeel whispered, barely able to think straight as he left small kisses on her neck, her collarbone, her shoulders—each one sending shivers down her spine.

"Say my name again," he murmured against her skin, his hands moving to the hem of her shirt.

Just as things were about to get even more intense, the doorbell rang, echoing loudly in the quiet house.

They both froze, the sound pulling them back to reality. Zeel's heart was racing as she pushed him away, her breathing uneven.

Shivang stepped back, his own breathing heavy, eyes dark with desire. "Saved by the bell," he teased, though his voice was rough.

Zeel quickly straightened herself out, running a hand through her hair before opening the door. There stood Jesna, holding a bucket of ice cream, her eyes widening as she took in the scene before her.

"Well, well, well," Jesna said, raising an eyebrow. "Am I interrupting something?"

Zeel's face turned a deep shade of red. "No! Nothing at all."

Jesna glanced past her at Shivang, who was now standing by the couch, looking entirely too pleased with himself. "Right... nothing at all."

Zeel shot him a look, then turned back to Jesna. "You know what, Shivang was just leaving."

Shivang chuckled, grabbing his jacket. "Guess I should go, then. Wouldn't want to overstay my welcome."

He walked to the door, pausing to look at Zeel one last time, his gaze lingering on her lips. "I'll see you around, Zeel."

With that, he left, leaving Zeel standing there, her mind spinning from everything that had just happened.

Jesna walked in, setting the ice cream on the counter, a smirk playing on her lips. "So... care to explain?"

Zeel sighed, flopping down on the couch. "There's nothing to explain."

Jesna joined her, poking her in the side. "Nothing, huh? From where I'm standing, it looked like a lot more than 'nothing'."

Zeel buried her face in her hands. "It was... a moment. That's all."

Jesna grinned, nudging her. "A moment that left you all red-faced and flustered. You like him, don't you?"

Zeel groaned. "I don't know. Maybe. But it's complicated."

Jesna wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Well, whatever it is, I'm here to help you figure it out. But let's eat this ice cream first, okay?"

Zeel smiled, grateful for her friend. As they dug into the ice cream, the events of the night replayed in her mind, leaving her more confused—and excited—than ever.